The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
mikeski
Did everyone put the hypothalamus for the part that controls body temp???

I thought it was the termoregulatory center in the brain... :confused:
Reply 61
mikeski

THAT WAS IT.

I kept trying to remember and kept thinking cerebulleum which was wrong so just said the brain.
Reply 62
i put the thermoregularotory centre in the brain
mikeski
For the leaf one I put about the chlorophyll/chloroplasts being in the green part (giving its colour) and that the chlorophyll takes sunlight + water and CO2 to make energy (glucose) which was then stored as starch... Dunno if that's right r not lol

The Hungtinton's question - Yeah they didn't get it because neither of their parents carried the dominant allele.

Ahh man, i put the black strip covers the part of the leaf so it doesn't get as much power (less sunlight) for producing starch =glucose. i wrote down a formula for it though. will this get marks?
Reply 64

nah, it's thermoregulatory centre in the brain.

d'ya realise that most of the questions actually ask for the definition of this and that? and to think i was more worried about 'balancing equations' and what-not last night:mad::s-smilie:
Reply 65
Garfield
what did you guys put for the last question? about the leaf.

also, on the first question is saying huntingtons disease caused by dominant allele and blah blah about the parents ok?

The leaf wasn't the last question, it was second from last wasn't it?
I put no chloraphyll for the leaf to photosynthesise from in the yellow part and no sunlight for the bit covered in foil etc.

For the huntingtons question i didn't mention dominant alleles i just mentioned alleles :frown:. Oh well.
Reply 66
I've never seen any mention of anything called the hypothalamus, and I read the entire sylabus. I'm sure it's the thermoregulatory center. Thermo, regulatory, regulates thermal energy. :confused:
Reply 67
m1key90
I thought it was the termoregulatory center in the brain... :confused:

yeah the hypothalamus is in the termoregulatory center in the brain. But I dont think I spelt hypothalamus correctly.. :p:
Reply 68
mikeski
I thought the question about water loss was very hard! The graph?!?! One of our science teachers had to tell the exam hall how to read it because everyone was asking about it :confused:

Isn't that cheating?
Reply 69
Chezua
nah, it's thermoregulatory centre in the brain.

d'ya realise that most of the questions actually ask for the definition of this and that? and to think i was more worried about 'balancing equations' and what-not last night:mad::s-smilie:

You sure... http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3Ahypothalamus&meta=&btnG=Google+Search
Reply 70
i have a feeling paper 2 will be hard to make up for paper 1 but who knows :confused:
Reply 71
Kt.b
Isn't that cheating?

Dunno lol, but the head of science is complaining to AQA about the question...
Reply 72
jjkkll
it cant be sio4 can it

becasue oxygen has 6 on its outside shell and Silicone as 4 therefore oxygen only needs 2 to fill its outside sell so it shres 2 with one oxygen and silicon still has 2 ecectrons left so it shres them with another oxygen

is this correct can someone varify???? plz

ohhhhhhh and i was so confident about that i got sio2 but then i thought i slicon bonds with 3 oxygen so i put sio3!!!
Reply 73
Holski
was the one where it said an element - 59 and an element - 60...

the 60 one has one more electron than the 59 one?
cant remember the elements:rolleyes:

i wrote cobalt 60 was radioactive and that cobalt 59 wasnt
Reply 74
Holski
was the one where it said an element - 59 and an element - 60...

the 60 one has one more electron than the 59 one?
cant remember the elements:rolleyes:

No it had one more neutron, not electron. And I think it was Boron
Reply 75
style

I think the right answer was that it has one more neutron that cobalt 59 - it is an isotope of cobalt.
Reply 76
style

I would say that's still correct, I mean they did ask for one difference
Reply 77
Dunno lol, but the head of science is complaining to AQA about the question...

Well we learned about those type of diagrams in class and there was a page in the AQA workbook based on them. As I said earlier im surprised people haven't covered it.
Reply 78
mikeski
I would say that's still correct, I mean they did ask for one difference

Not sure, how do you know it's radioactive? There are stable isotopes.
what was the last question again. i think i missed it goddamnit!!!

Latest