The Student Room Group

How much would you spend on an item of clothing?

Scroll to see replies

@TheonlyMrsHolmes Ann Summers?
Original post by urbanlocations
@TheonlyMrsHolmes Ann Summers?

Pardon?
Quality > quantity, especially for shoes. Avoid designer crud but don't be afraid to pay up for good leather & craftsmanship. It will last many times longer and feel great while it does.
Original post by sjohnson98
The most I'll ever spend is maybe £80 on a really nice, warm coat.

I agree. I bought an 80 pound jacket and it's lasted me 9 years so far. I've replaced the zipper twice but otherwise, damn good investment. My dad thought I was crazy when I brought it home. :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth
I agree. I bought an 80 pound jacket and it's lasted me 9 years so far. I've replaced the zipper twice but otherwise, damn good investment. My dad thought I was crazy when I brought it home. :tongue:

A good coat is worth it!! Especially if it's usually more than 80 but on sale (hooray for end-of-season buys). I often wonder how my friends can complain that they're out of money when they spend so much on clothes and shoes. If I'm going to buy something that costs so much, it had damn well better be something that'll last forever.
I have spent £70-80 on coats. But they have been decent ones. My running shoes cost me anything up to £70 a time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending