The Student Room Group

Charles University 1st Faculty Medicine Sep 2016

Anyone going to Charles University 1st Faculty to do medicine in Sept 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Firmly accepted :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by maczechgirlz
Firmly accepted :wink:

Hey, congratulations on getting accepted. I just wanted to ask you about the level of bio/chem/maths required for the exam. I'm worried that the organic chemistry might be problematic. Also what about maths, if you did take it?

One last thing, what is the scoring system and pass mark like and what about the potential correct answers per question?

I hope you'll forgive the questions, but I'm in need of some help!

Thanks!
Hello :smile: thanks for your blessing, first of all, appreciated
I did not do A-levels for absolutely ages (uni graduate) and didn't really revise ( uni works) for the exam so I cannot tell the level of the exams from the perspectives of an A-level student however id definitely say it is definitely not an easy paper, only approximately 5% people passed the tests on the day of my exam , so make sure you do works for it.

Scoring system: no negative marking but indeed they do not give you part of the mark if you get part of the questions wrong e.g. If A only is right, choosing A and B gives you only 75% of the mark , you chose A correctly and not chose C and D correctly, but you got B wrongly..; if A and B are wrong, choosing C and D give you 0% because all of your decisions are wrong..

My tactics: if I know all the answers are mutually exclusive ,e.g. a cannot equal 7 if it equals 8, neither can it equals to 9 and 10. AND I'm not sure about the answer (less than a certain level of confidence) id leave the question blank to get 75% instead, the pass mark of the test is 80%, anything lower than 80% forget about it.
By doing this you're boosting the chances of getting in..
Overall, hard test, Prepare
And I don't mind helping really ( why would I?) don't apologise,(admission solely due to the marks YOU get, I don't see a point hiding valuable information in a hope that you get in but others don't, what true medical students would do anyways)
Hope to see you there!

A
Reply 4
I did not do A-levels for absolutely ages (uni graduate) and didn't really revise ( uni works) for the exam so I cannot tell the level of the exams from the perspectives of an A-level student however id definitely say it is definitely not an easy paper, only approximately 5% people passed the tests on the day of my exam , so make sure you do works for it.

Scoring system: no negative marking but indeed they do not give you part of the mark if you get part of the questions wrong e.g. If A only is right, choosing A and B gives you only 75% of the mark , you chose A correctly and not chose C and D correctly, but you got B wrongly..; if A and B are wrong, choosing C and D give you 0% because all of your decisions are wrong..

My tactics: if I know all the answers are mutually exclusive ,e.g. a cannot equal 7 if it equals 8, neither can it equals to 9 and 10. AND I'm not sure about the answer (less than a certain level of confidence) id leave the question blank to get 75% instead, the pass mark of the test is 80%, anything lower than 80% forget about it.
And I don't mind helping really ( why would I?) don't apologise,(admission solely due to the marks YOU get, I don't see a point hiding valuable information in a hope that you get in but others don't, what true medical students would do anyways)
Hope to see you there!

A

That's very nice of you to say, thanks. :biggrin:

Just one thing I did not quite understand. When you said that if the answers are mutually exclusive and you're not sure of the answer, it is better to leave it blank to get 75% instead, what exactly does that mean?
Every decision worth 1mark, either correct or incorrect answers, you get rewarded a mark by choosing the rights and not choosing the wrongs out of 4 choices. That means if the answers are mutually exclusive and you have no clue which one is the correct answer, the odds of getting a higher mark from not choosing would be higher than that of choosing a completely (or semi-completely) random one.

Know what you're gambling and what you're risking and what you're getting back, balance that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hadigy

Yes I am do you know what you're doing about accommodation and start dates
Original post by Steph_bankss
Yes I am do you know what you're doing about accommodation and start dates

Steph, me and hadigy might share flat. But I think they offer you an accomodation in the official offer letter too! See you!
Reply 8
do you know the exact date we start?

Original post by Hadigy
Original post by Setarehp

Enrolment day on the 16th of sept but I'm not sure when the course officially start either

Hope to see you there!

A

Quick question: You guys didn't do the SATs for Charles, did you? @maczechgirlz I'm a little confused whether the SAT score is the only entry to Charles, Prague or if there's another way. Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Do you have to go to that because I'm on holiday:frown:

Enrolment day on the 16th of sept but I'm not sure when the course officially start either
Original post by raniafern
Quick question: You guys didn't do the SATs for Charles, did you? @maczechgirlz I'm a little confused whether the SAT score is the only entry to Charles, Prague or if there's another way. Thanks.

Hi rani, no I didn't do SAT , for Charles and some other medical skls in the Europe, they typically require you to only sit an entrance exam . Your other scores are relatively unimportant. Of course they'd expect to see an academic competent set of scores :smile:
Hi rani, no I didn't do SAT , for Charles and some other medical skls in the Europe, they typically require you to only sit an entrance exam . Your other scores are relatively unimportant. Of course they'd expect to see an academic competent set of scores :smile:

Hey, thanks! It's Rania, btw :biggrin:

I thought there was another means of entrance to the uni via SAT scores as well? Sorry...

So, how's the entrance exam typically?

Nvm, I got my answer... Thanks :smile:

"Holders of A-level certificates (with grades "A" max. one "B":wink: or equivalents - e.g. IB diploma (with grades 7, 7, 5 or 7, 6, 6) or SAT Subject tests (with total score 2100) in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics may be exempted from the entrance examination and can be admitted directly."

https://www.lfhk.cuni.cz/Applicants/Undergraduate-Study/Admission-Process/

Could you please tell me about the entrance exam? Thanks :smile:
Nvm, I got my answer... Thanks :smile:

"Holders of A-level certificates (with grades "A" max. one "B":wink: or equivalents - e.g. IB diploma (with grades 7, 7, 5 or 7, 6, 6) or SAT Subject tests (with total score 2100) in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics may be exempted from the entrance examination and can be admitted directly."

https://www.lfhk.cuni.cz/Applicants/Undergraduate-Study/Admission-Process/

Could you please tell me about the entrance exam? Thanks :smile:

Oh I'm so sorry Rania :smile: so the entrance exams details can be found on their Charles first fac website :smile: I think some agents are still doing the test but there's a chance that you have already missed this years entry

I did a levels too and got the grades that they claimed good enough to have been admitted directly but still I needed to sit the test
Oh I'm so sorry Rania :smile: so the entrance exams details can be found on their Charles first fac website :smile: I think some agents are still doing the test but there's a chance that you have already missed this years entry

I did a levels too and got the grades that they claimed good enough to have been admitted directly but still I needed to sit the test

Hey, thanks again. I'm still in school, 2017 intake :smile:
Hey, thanks again. I'm still in school, 2017 intake :smile:

Like the confidence ! Hope to see you next year then haha
Reply 18
Original post by Setarehp

The official start date is 3rd October, make sure to double check that but i am pretty sure it is then.
Like the confidence ! Hope to see you next year then haha

Hopefully :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending