The Student Room Group

Can teachers withdraw you from exams?

My psychology teacher was talking about withdrawing people from exams the other day because some of did terrible in the mocks (I did kind of okay lol) but some people completely failed both papers.

Can teachers withdraw you from this stage?
yes up to 2 weeks before an exam. Talking about is simply that, it will be part threat for them to get moving, but you dont know how terrible they performed. I imagine you cna appeal.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
yes up to 2 weeks before an exam. Talking about is simply that, it will be part threat for them to get moving, but you dont know how terrible they performed. I imagine you cna appeal.

Oh so you think she was making empty threats :redface:
Original post by loveleest

As I dint know the teacher or the pupils she was referring to then I dont know. They have the power so its possible, but I imagine she wouldnt actually withdraw unless she felt she had no choice i.e it was pointless. I wouldnt wnat to sit an exam in which I had no chance.

.... i may get pulled out before my physics exam :cry2: goddammit we need to work harder to get a better physics grade
Reply 5
As I dint know the teacher or the pupils she was referring to then I dont know. They have the power so its possible, but I imagine she wouldnt actually withdraw unless she felt she had no choice i.e it was pointless. I wouldnt wnat to sit an exam in which I had no chance.

ah okay, I know some people that got U on both papers

Where A levels are concerned I'd rather withdraw if I thought I had no chance of getting the grade I wanted. There seem to be plenty on TSR who dont need any revision at all or 2 weeks to go from U to A*.

A lot of teachers tend to do so.
Yeah. My school withdrew us from our AS exams(apart from those that are old spec)
Reply 9
My psychology teacher was talking about withdrawing people from exams the other day because some of did terrible in the mocks (I did kind of okay lol) but some people completely failed both papers.

Can teachers withdraw you from this stage?

A teacher alone, cannot
He must have the backing of at least the head of depertment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending