The Student Room Group

New PBS admissions assessment

Has anyone seen that PBS have updated their specification for the new admissions assessment and have now included a maths/science section?
I take maths and biology so those questions wont be a problem but they have put physics and chemistry in the specification- surely this will disadvantage applicants who have not taken these subjects at A-Level? I am confused as to why they have included this section because the only subjects which are required for PBS are maths and biology, and this is still only a requirement with some of the colleges. Ah I'm so worried now as there is no way I will do well in the admissions assessment now :/

It also doesn't help where I come from a pretty rubbish school (24% pass rate) which means that my science education was rubbish (supply teachers most years until year 11) - so my physics and chemistry knowledge is very limited :/

Link to the specification if anyone is wondering- http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/pbsaa_specification.pdf
Okay I'm an idiot- it says that you can choose ONE of physics, chemistry or biology in the science section. Panic over...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending