The Student Room Group

Degree registration

Hi all. I am due to graduate this summer with a degree in Medical Science (BMedSc) from Birmingham. I was wondering whether I need to apply for some council to get a registration? I know medicine students get GMC registration and some courses get other council registrations (e.g. HPC, etc). Do we get some sort of registration automatically or do I need to apply for registration myself?

Thanks 🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Registration for what? Yours isn't a professional/vocational degree, it sounds like an academic one so you don't need to register it.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just wasn't sure if I need to register or not as some biomedical science jobs may require some sort of registration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try the IBMS accredited course list see if yours fits
Original post by mj1dan2014
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just wasn't sure if I need to register or not as some biomedical science jobs may require some sort of registration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To apply for biomed jobs in the NHS you need to have either done an IBMS accredited degree or to put together and submit a portfolio for evaluation. You don't need to register otherwise.
Ok. My course is not accredited according to IBMS list of universities (so I am assuming I do not register anywhere?). Does this also mean I cannot work in the NHS straight after graduating then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mj1dan2014
Ok. My course is not accredited according to IBMS list of universities (so I am assuming I do not register anywhere?). Does this also mean I cannot work in the NHS straight after graduating then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contact the IBMS and find out how to submit your portfolio for registration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alleycat393
Contact the IBMS and find out how to submit your portfolio for registration.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. Will do. Thank you very much 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending