The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not unless the examiner isn't able to distinguish what it's supposed to say. Sometimes marks may be lost for poor spelling, but only in the questions where it states that a mark will be given for your spelling (and sometimes grammar).
Reply 2
Kilometers is the American spelling, and besides, both are understandable. It's when you write 'seisometer' instead of 'seismometer' like me you start loosing marks, because definition words are important.
Reply 3
Thanks that's what i thought :smile:

My spelling is good when I'm concentrated, but when it is a question without the stated marks for grammar etc i tend to be careless.

What do you guys think about "symbiotic" and "simbiotic"? I get the feel that as a more scientific term would probably matter? (1 mark question)
Reply 4
matthew.
Thanks that's what i thought :smile:

My spelling is good when I'm concentrated, but when it is a question without the stated marks for grammar etc i tend to be careless.

What do you guys think about "symbiotic" and "simbiotic"? I get the feel that as a more scientific term would probably matter? (1 mark question)

I don't know about that one. :s-smilie: It'll depend on the examiner, but I'd say the chances are in favour of you gaining the mark. Not too sure though.
Reply 5
Princess
I don't know about that one. :s-smilie: It'll depend on the examiner, but I'd say the chances are in favour of you gaining the mark. Not too sure though.

Looks like i should have slipped a fiver in after all then :biggrin:

Time shall tell i suppose!
Reply 6
labtec
Kilometers is the American spelling, and besides, both are understandable. It's when you write 'seisometer' instead of 'seismometer' like me you start loosing marks, because definition words are important.

I spelt it seisometer lol :p:

Latest