The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Come on ppls, lets get posting again. What did u guys put for the melting point of rubidium?
I put 50.
It's 39 apparently.

What do you think the range will be to get the mark?
hbk91
I put 50.
It's 39 apparently.

What do you think the range will be to get the mark?

pretty high i expect, generally if you've worked out it has to be noticeable lower/higher than the one above that's enough. after all you don't have too much to go on
I put 40. Lol, that was a good guess :biggrin:
Reply 84
YES!! I put 36 down. SO glad i changed it from 33.

Also some of my friends put minus numbers lol.
Reply 85
cant remember wat i put either 30 or 35 eeeek! so nemore questions??
Reply 86
It only said 'estimate' so Im sure if it was lower obvioulsy and within a suitable range marks will be given.
Agree?
Reply 87
Erm... You know the industrial conditions for Cracking. I put a varpourised hydrocarbon, Iron Catalyst and A temp of 400- 700 degrees celcius.

Will i still get the full 2 marks even though i put IRON catalyst????
Reply 88
oooo not sure, i put aluminiium oxide n silicon dioxide instead of silicon oxide so not sure either
Reply 89
i put manganese (iv) oxide and iron (iv) oxide. I also put fractional distillation and cracking for the processes. For the conditions of cracking i put high temperatures and the presence of a catalyst. Stupidly, i also put pressure - will they mark me down for adding pressure aswell?
Reply 90
iron oxide is acceptable rye225
I'm not sure about pressure since it's used in the process of polymerisation and in the haber process. It depends on the examiner tbh.
Reply 92
sd91
iron oxide is acceptable rye225

HAHA thanks mAN!!!
Reply 93
liz17
The generator question was the one above the ultrasound question which said ,"Why is the generator arranged in this location" something to tht effect anyways!

I did a post motem on my physics paper today, and it told me I did good. I know all the answers, so if anyone wants me to answer any?
BTW for all those who were asking about the concentration question in chemistry the answer was 'It will have no effect, because were i slipped up on was, they only increased the volume to 50cm, not the actual concentration, therefore increasing volume has no effect' DAMM! 3 marks out the window!

The thing was they did not say that the acid was diluted. So if they increase the volume eventually they would add more acid which would definitely increase the concentration. :confused:
Reply 94
yeh, I put that the concentration would increase. After re reading the question I did think well perhaps only the volume would increase so therefoe would have no change of the rate of reaction, but I see your point!
Who knows eh!?
Guess we'll never know!
Reply 95
wat bout writin silicon dioxide insted of oxide
Reply 96
just because the volume increased doesn't mean the concentration changes. It's effectively just a larger volume of the same acid hence no change in the rate of reaction. It was a trick question really. the concentration was the same the amount/surface area of magnesium was the same so reaction rate is the same. Thats my logic who knows.
Reply 97
liz17
yeh, I put that the concentration would increase. After re reading the question I did think well perhaps only the volume would increase so therefoe would have no change of the rate of reaction, but I see your point!
Who knows eh!?
Guess we'll never know!

true say m8
and more over for the optical fibre one i said it was a good conductor because it traps the air and does not let the air to excape. This would keep the house warm.

will get 2 marks for it or just 1:confused:
Reply 98
Right, I felt that Chem was okay, I could answer it all but on the question about changing 25 to 50, i put the concentration stuff on rate of reaction but my tutor told me afterwards i was wrong and the 3 marks was for saying, there is no effect. Everyone in my school put the same as me and so loads of other as well, so maybe they will realize something...
Bio was ok, bit weird here and there and physics was my worst! I mucked the ammeter and voltmeter the wrong way round! Dah Dah Dah, hopefully it will be okay, I felt the Bio and Physics papers had questions about things that our teachers least emphasized on!
Reply 99
ollie3_33
my tutor told me afterwards i was wrong and the 3 marks was for saying, there is no effect.

Glad I got that right, just relying on the quality of communication mark, but like most people here, managed to screw up on physics and biology. I was pretty ill, head hurt and I did something really stupid and said the voltage was 5V because 60W/12V = 5V just for the sake of using the power... I still think i got around 65 marks... Which is what I think the boundary will be.

What was the 2nd bit to Q1 on physics? (about the keeping safe of radioactive sources or something)

Latest