The Student Room Group

AS Maths

Would anyone be able to give me advice.
Ive been really stressed and become super ill lately and ive fallen behind in maths after already struggling for a while. On average, I get Ds and Es in my maths modules. ive been working as much as I can, doing around 5 past papers a weel but im struggling with logs and differentiation (when there's areas and max/minimums. Not sure what its called). My first exam is the 18th May. Is there any chance of me improving. Do you have any tips? Id be over the moon with a B and content with a C. I wont get an A. Is it too late?
Reply 1
Rules for logs:
Logx(y)=z ------> x^z=y
Log(a)+log(b)=log(a*b)
Log(a)-log(b)=log(a/b)
xlog(a)=log(a^x)
When solving inequalities and you need to divide by logs, check whether it's negative because you will need to flip the signs.
When solving equations to find x remember that the objective is to simplify to a single log so that you can find the unknown.

That's all I can think of for logs really, the key is to practise until you become more fluent but don't waste time on a whole paper if it's only a few topics you're worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by RNav
Rules for logs:
Logx(y)=z ------> x^z=y
Log(a)+log(b)=log(a*b)
Log(a)-log(b)=log(a/b)
xlog(a)=log(a^x)
When solving inequalities and you need to divide by logs, check whether it's negative because you will need to flip the signs.
When solving equations to find x remember that the objective is to simplify to a single log so that you can find the unknown.

That's all I can think of for logs really, the key is to practise until you become more fluent but don't waste time on a whole paper if it's only a few topics you're worried about.

lPosted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Im slowly getting better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending