Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend made a fake Grindr of me

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

Hi all, I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible.
    I've been dating my boyfriend for 7/8 months and we have always got along. On Thursday evening, I receive a text from an unknown number stating that they were from Grindr and I gave them my number last night. I know this wasn't true because I haven't used Grindr in about a whole year. I replied to this number saying it wasn't me but I would appreciate it if you could report the account. I then receive screenshots and it was of the Grindr profile picture (it was a photo of me) and the conversation we supposedly had saying I was looking for fun and my phone number. I instantly told my boyfriend and showed screenshots of what this person was saying. Assuming it was my friends trying to pull a prank, I Googled the number and it turned out to be my boyfriends best friends number. The best friend that is currently staying at his house. I then went along with it as if I didn't know and I eventually told him I knew it was them. I know he had a part take in this as the screenshots of Grindr was on an Android which only he has, his best friend has an iPhone. He hasn't messaged me since Thursday night and won't return any of my calls.

Even if the account of me wasn't them, why is my boyfriend using a fake account on Grindr? Could I please have some advice as to what to do now?

Maybe he wanted to see how you'd re-act?

He sounds like a pain in the ass

You can google a number and find out who it belongs to??
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.