The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Garfield
ha i know! aqa's way of saying 'screw you' to the governments criticism ha. harsh.

what questions did you people like / disliked

I didn't like the gamma radiation question. :s-smilie: I kinda knew the answers, but didn't know how to put them into words. :eek: Oh, and the first question annoyed me a lot.

But i liked most of the Chemistry questions. ;yes; Especially the one about the ions, and the one saying what happens to sodium when it is put in water. :biggrin:
Kt.b
I got really confused about curvature of the earth and radio wave sgetting to Australia.

I said pipes underneath the sea. :s-smilie:

aww well we'll rectify our mistakes in the next exam!!! :cool: . time for business.

:biggrin:

i put microwaves for use in mobile devices. or something.

and then for the satellites to australia i said radiowaves bounce off the satellite onto the ionosphere then to another satellite in australia! :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Garfield
aww well we'll rectify our mistakes in the next exam!!! :cool: . time for business.

:biggrin:

i put microwaves for use in mobile devices. or something.

and then for the satellites to australia i said radiowaves bounce off the satellite onto the ionosphere then to another satellite in australia! :s-smilie:

That bottom bit you wrote is right! :biggrin:
Bexiness!
I didn't like the gamma radiation question. :s-smilie: I kinda knew the answers, but didn't know how to put them into words. :eek: Oh, and the first question annoyed me a lot.

But i liked most of the Chemistry questions. ;yes; Especially the one about the ions, and the one saying what happens to sodium when it is put in water. :biggrin:

that question was a godsend omfg!!! :biggrin:

but for structures and bonding i panicked!!!
when we had to draw electrons to a prepared diagram on chloride? i just put on two electrons and then the negative symbol on the outside?
was i wrong?

man, i can remember i even said NaNo or something for one of the symbol questions!
Reply 24
JordanSHowarth
The "thermoregulary thing in your brain" is the hyperthalimus, which has receptors that sense changes in water levels and blood temperature; then sends nerve impuleses to the two effectors: Kidneys and Skin, to adjust towards the stimuli. It also measures CO2 levels in a bid to keep them constant

Or that the blood vessels close to the skin get bigger or smaller (can't remember) allowing more heat to radiate out?

All in all, I did rubbish. :frown:
i'm really banking on paper 2. i needed to get 54% today and in the other paper to get my A.

keep the likes/dislikes coming: it'll make us feel better for tomorrows english exam!
bump. i want this thread to be ongoing. laters/
Reply 27
Haber....zzzzzz

Still at least after that we can move on to the joys of A-level science (for those of us who are doing any of them?)
Reply 28
Garfield

but I thought it said before satellites were invented?
i don't think so....
I messed up...completely....i reckon i got about a third of it wrong!...but hopefully it wont be too bad since i have full marks in my c/w and 3 of my modules and 42,43 and 45 in the others.....I think i should need about 60% in the exams to get an A*...but **** knows! Any ideas?! x
Reply 31
Kt.b
but I thought it said before satellites were invented?

I didn't put about the ionosphere either, I said about diffraction of waves but I was probably wrong thinking back about it. Silly me lol :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Garfield
i don't think so....

It was, the question wanted to know how the radio signal got to Australia even though the world is round before satellites were invented.

I put they reflected back off the ionosphere.

Whether i'm right or wrong depends on what type of wave they used...does anybody remember?
Reply 33
Radio waves. I remembered the ionosphere too, not been taught it just read it in my Lonsdale.
Reply 34
i said this in another thread but i hated all the defintions. for example, 'define radioactive' ? i said it was an atom that was unstable, that would decay to emit radiation and form a new atom and that it was constantly trying to become stable. my science teacher said after i should have said nucleus instead of atom.. but to be honest, that question was way too vague for me.
Garfield
my mate said we haven't even covered it before.
it was about the thermoregulatory control in your brain!

thermoregulatory control ? loool

thank god i did the foundation paper !

name the adictive subtance found in cigarrets!

rolf , imao hahahahahha

every question there was no need to use your brain , too easy i wanted a little bit of thinking to keep me awake! , but i was left giglin like a school girl .LOL
Reply 36
Wilt
It was, the question wanted to know how the radio signal got to Australia even though the world is round before satellites were invented.

I put they reflected back off the ionosphere.

Whether i'm right or wrong depends on what type of wave they used...does anybody remember?

I said ionosphere too and you are correct - short length radio waves were reflected off the ionosphere so that they could reach distant points on the Earth despite the curvature of the earth.
Reply 37
Garfield
that question was a godsend omfg!!! :biggrin:

but for structures and bonding i panicked!!!
when we had to draw electrons to a prepared diagram on chloride? i just put on two electrons and then the negative symbol on the outside?
was i wrong?

man, i can remember i even said NaNo or something for one of the symbol questions!

I put 8 electrons i think. Because it had 7 electons before it was bonded, and then it had 8 after it was bonded. And the charge was negative, as it had 1 more electron.
Reply 38
m1key90
I said ionosphere too and you are correct - short length radio waves were reflected off the ionosphere so that they could reach distant points on the Earth despite the curvature of the earth.

Omg, what is an ionosphere.

Damn foreign Physics teacher....
Kt.b
Omg, what is an ionosphere.

Damn foreign Physics teacher....

oh damnnit.
i put lithosphere,
i forgot the word.

Latest