The Student Room Group

My left throat and left ear hurts??

The left side of my throat feels swollen and hurts whenever I swallow and my left ear has just started to hurt. What is this? :sad: Should I go to the walk in centre?? Should I make a GP appointment? Should I cry?
Reply 1
Swollen lymph Nodes maybe. Infection. Go to the GP. Probably nothing serious.
if the swelling in your throat closes your airway you must seek immediate help. if it is just a basic infection you could leave it til the morning ? take some aspirin maybe.
Could be an ear infection? Tonsillitis?

It will probably go on its own but recommend going to the doctor anyway.
Original post by bluemadhatter
The left side of my throat feels swollen and hurts whenever I swallow and my left ear has just started to hurt. What is this? :sad: Should I go to the walk in centre?? Should I make a GP appointment? Should I cry?

Cry, listen to some Adele, cry some more and get that **** looked at. <3
Yes, see your GP asap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you tried strepsils?

The fact that it is just on one side probably suggests it's an inner ear infection and it's just affecting the left side at the moment.

Where does your ear hurt, is it painful just without any pressure or is it when you apply pressure that it's bad?

I would probably wait til the morning and see how you feel and if it's still bad go to the GP/make an emergency appointment/go to walk in centre.
Original post by Ethereal World
The fact that it is just on one side probably suggests it's an inner ear infection and it's just affecting the left side at the moment.

Where does your ear hurt, is it painful just without any pressure or is it when you apply pressure that it's bad?

I would probably wait til the morning and see how you feel and if it's still bad go to the GP/make an emergency appointment/go to walk in centre.

The earache is kind of a dull pain but whenever I swallow my left throat and left ear both hurt a lot :sad: so I guess you could say that is applying pressure but my left throat hurts in general...
The earache is kind of a dull pain but whenever I swallow my left throat and left ear both hurt a lot :sad: so I guess you could say that is applying pressure but my left throat hurts in general...

what about if you touch your ear on the outside or attempt to put something like in your ear/cotton bud type thing?
Original post by Ethereal World
what about if you touch your ear on the outside or attempt to put something like in your ear/cotton bud type thing?

nops
Sounds like a throat and ear infection to me.
But I'm no expert so make sure you book an appointment with your GP tommorow if it still hurts. :redface:
Hope you feel better soon OP :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest