The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Concerned about the Assessed Summer School dates

Following on from the title, I noticed that Newcastle University's Assessed Summer School dates fall within the Islamic month of Ramadan and extend into the Islamic festival being Eid. I also noticed that there is a policy of 100% attendance to all summer school sessions.

As a Muslim, I look forward to observing fasting in Ramadan and the festival that follows, Eid. I do not at all mind fasting whilst attending the summer school, however, I am concerned about missing out on observing Eid with my family. Especially as this year, Muslim A-Level students (like myself), will have a religious festival to look forward to after a long month fasting through revision and our A-Level examinations.

My question is, do you think Newcastle University will allow Muslim attendees to be excused from the sessions that could fall during the Islamic festival of Eid?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hoorie
Following on from the title, I noticed that Newcastle University's Assessed Summer School dates fall within the Islamic month of Ramadan and extend into the Islamic festival being Eid. I also noticed that there is a policy of 100% attendance to all summer school sessions.

As a Muslim, I look forward to observing fasting in Ramadan and the festival that follows, Eid. I do not at all mind fasting whilst attending the summer school, however, I am concerned about missing out on observing Eid with my family. Especially as this year, Muslim A-Level students (like myself), will have a religious festival to look forward to after a long month fasting through revision and our A-Level examinations.

My question is, do you think Newcastle University will allow Muslim attendees to be excused from the sessions that could fall during the Islamic festival of Eid?

Hi,

I think the best thing to do is talk to the PARTNERS team directly :smile: Could you e-mail them at [email protected] please? I've given them a heads up so that they can start looking into it for you now.

All the best

Persephone
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending