The Student Room Group

changing course/uni

I have taken a gap year for personal reasons and deferred my entry to study Chemical Engineering at Manchester. I have always been interested in law and wanted to be sure of what I would be doing at university this year. After going on law taster days and work experience I have decided to study law and have transferred to the course at Manchester. However with my grades (A*AA in Biology, Maths and Chemistry respectively) I am aware that I could have perhaps applied to a better university for law, especially since Manchester is accepting ABB. Is there anything that I can do for 2016/17 entry?
Original post by laferraz.17
I have taken a gap year for personal reasons and deferred my entry to study Chemical Engineering at Manchester. I have always been interested in law and wanted to be sure of what I would be doing at university this year. After going on law taster days and work experience I have decided to study law and have transferred to the course at Manchester. However with my grades (A*AA in Biology, Maths and Chemistry respectively) I am aware that I could have perhaps applied to a better university for law, especially since Manchester is accepting ABB. Is there anything that I can do for 2016/17 entry?

All you can do is wait for clearing. :smile:
A lot of the higher ranked universities may not necessarily be in clearing though. It's a chance you would just have to take. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Chalex2016
A lot of the higher ranked universities may not necessarily be in clearing though. It's a chance you would just have to take. Good luck :smile:

I agree with this point! Although the last few years quite a few have been in which is interesting! I literally check every year out of interest now haha
Original post by laferraz.17

You have a few options:
1) go to manchester and study law (great uni, great city, ranking isnt always everything).
2) wait until clearing comes and see what is available (law is often an oversubscribed course and the "better" universities hence do not show up in clearing often.
3) withdraw your Manchester offer and apply to law through UCAS next year.

be aware law is a very oversubscribed field and often graduates struggle to get onto a law training programme after university. Just keep that in mind. I know a manchester law graduate who got A*A*A and is now training in London, its not about where you go but what you make of it!
You can apply for clearing for or UCAS Extra...no need to wait to reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending