The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Social Life/Parties, etc!

I love a good nightclub, I love getting drunk, I love house parties, I love sitting round with friends drinking and having fun. Am I going to struggle for this at York?

Currently still deciding between York and Nottingham and the only thing that's pulling me to Nottingham is the great night life and the fact a lot of students there are more of the drinking type, haha. I know that's not what Uni is all about but it's no good going to a Uni you can't have fun at! How's York on this front? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by 2014_GCSE
I love a good nightclub, I love getting drunk, I love house parties, I love sitting round with friends drinking and having fun. Am I going to struggle for this at York?

Currently still deciding between York and Nottingham and the only thing that's pulling me to Nottingham is the great night life and the fact a lot of students there are more of the drinking type, haha. I know that's not what Uni is all about but it's no good going to a Uni you can't have fun at! How's York on this front? Thanks.

Half of the words you just said in the first paragraph are practically synonymous with York. I think that I am right in saying that there are more pubs in York that days in the year. There are more clubs/bars in York than I can name and most clubs will have a day for 'student night' in which only students can enter (someone who goes to these can tell you which club it is on which night).
Derwent college is known for parties; if you have 7 friends in different Derwent blocks, you could probably go to a different house party each night of the week.

Having spoken to people who go to Nottingham who were visiting friends in York, they all say that there is more to do in York on a night out than in Nottingham.
University of York
York

I agree with l1lvink: you will have no problem drinking wise, that I can assure you. There was a poll fairly recently and the students at York had almost the highest (actually I think it was probably the highest, but don't quote me on that because Newcastle exists) units consumed of alcohol per week. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday and Sundays are official UoY student nights, and Fridays and Saturdays also have events but YSJ also go to those (barely anyone goes out on a monday or saturday anyway...)
Reply 3
I firmed York :smile:

Thanks guys
I firmed York :smile:

Thanks guys

Legend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending