The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
Stay safe! :hugs:

Tornado warning has passed, apparently there was one not that far from here but were safe. No damage that I have seen yet but haven't left the hotel room yet.

Hurricane hermine is currently passing threw so more damage could come. Most of central flordia is under a state of a emergency at the moment.

Will try to keep you all updated, thanks for the love :hugs:
Moved into my new house :smile: had a bit of an emotional break down last night, and had to pull the car over- but all okay now!

Hugs to everyone who needs them x
Urgh, panic attacks :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OGC giving me grief again :pinch:
Really shaken up. A security guard walked into my house, no warning or anything, and intended to stay the night. He didn't realise I had moved in, and I found him in the kitchen :/ no longer feeling safe here. I know he won't come back, but the fact he just let himself in is really unnerving :frown:
Original post by Ezme39
Really shaken up. A security guard walked into my house, no warning or anything, and intended to stay the night. He didn't realise I had moved in, and I found him in the kitchen :/ no longer feeling safe here. I know he won't come back, but the fact he just let himself in is really unnerving :frown:

Could you put like a chair under the handle so the door can't be opened from the outside?
I feel so awful. Voices are really loud but mumbling and I'm only understanding a few words. They're definitely loud and distracting enough to stop me doing any work. I have an important test on wednesday which I'm dreading, I can't focus at all on the textbook. I just want to lie in bed and cry. I'm gonna fail this ****ing class a third time if I don't do some work. :cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth
Could you put like a chair under the handle so the door can't be opened from the outside?

That's a really good idea actually- thanks! :smile: sorry to hear things are worse for you at the moment. Do you think that taking a break could help at all?
Original post by Ezme39
That's a really good idea actually- thanks! :smile: sorry to hear things are worse for you at the moment. Do you think that taking a break could help at all?

Hope it works for you. :smile:

I've been having breaks - been watching episodes of Malcolm in the Middle on netflix and even finding that hard to follow right now. Then going back to the book and crying again. I cannot handle stress. :frown:
Ya know that way when you don't feel right physically and you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong or what hurts? That's how I feel tonight. Feel like I've came down with something or whatever. HA is through the roof because of it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ezme39

I really feel for you :frown: This would set me off so much and I can only imagine you feel right now :hugs: putting a chair up against the door is a great idea. I know how unnerving it is to not feel safe in your own home/residence. Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight and that this is just an once off you can out behind you soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stupid noises. :s-smilie:
:cry2:

Why do I bother to dream? I wanted to be in the army (hemophilia stopped that), wanted to get really good at ice hockey (neither of my parents was willing to drive me to practice), wanted to be a police officer (stopped by my mental health), so I decided go to to nursing school. This time I thought I had it - 4 years and I'd be a qualified nurse able to make a difference to people, but no - I'm going to fail anatomy again because I can't ****ing focus. All these words and spellings and concepts and memorization are just impossible. I feel so stressed, I keep crying, and don't know what I should do.
:cry2:

Why do I bother to dream? I wanted to be in the army (hemophilia stopped that), wanted to get really good at ice hockey (neither of my parents was willing to drive me to practice), wanted to be a police officer (stopped by my mental health), so I decided go to to nursing school. This time I thought I had it - 4 years and I'd be a qualified nurse able to make a difference to people, but no - I'm going to fail anatomy again because I can't ****ing focus. All these words and spellings and concepts and memorization are just impossible. I feel so stressed, I keep crying, and don't know what I should do.
:hugs: to me this all points to you not getting the right kind of support/guidance and struggling with some very difficult problems. You are clearly not stupid that is definitely not what it is! What support have you received since you started your nursing degree/studies?
Hope it works for you. :smile:

I've been having breaks - been watching episodes of Malcolm in the Middle on netflix and even finding that hard to follow right now. Then going back to the book and crying again. I cannot handle stress. :frown:

I know you've probably tried this, but is there a different way you could revise which is less stressful/ more fun? Sometimes things like flashcards or pictures can be easier if you're finding it tough to focus... and anatomy is ideal for that.
Hope you're feeling a bit better now :smile:

Original post by Spock's Socks
I really feel for you :frown: This would set me off so much and I can only imagine you feel right now :hugs: putting a chair up against the door is a great idea. I know how unnerving it is to not feel safe in your own home/residence. Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight and that this is just an once off you can out behind you soon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: putting a chair by the door did really help, and I locked myself in my bedroom for the night. Once I managed to get some sleep, I felt a lot better :smile:
I've complained to the company about the security guard- it's out of order for anyone to walk in to a persons house without even knocking!
Feeling as miserable as this weather at this precise moment.
Original post by Little Popcorns
:hugs: to me this all points to you not getting the right kind of support/guidance and struggling with some very difficult problems. You are clearly not stupid that is definitely not what it is! What support have you received since you started your nursing degree/studies?

I haven't got any support. :frown: I saw a new psychiatrist 3 weeks ago and her main focus was to decrease the huge amount of medication I'm on. I haven;t done so yet, she wanted to see how things went. Haven't managed to talk to anyone at the disability services department either (4 occasions there were loads of people, 1 occasion there was no one there. :/ )

Original post by Ezme39
I know you've probably tried this, but is there a different way you could revise which is less stressful/ more fun? Sometimes things like flashcards or pictures can be easier if you're finding it tough to focus... and anatomy is ideal for that.
Hope you're feeling a bit better now :smile:

Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep. :smile:

I made a load of flashcards for head and neck muscles last week for lab, but the test next week is on the history of anatomy and organic chemistry. I'm not really sure how to make flashcards for those topics tbh. :s-smilie:

I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself just because I've now managed to convince myself I'm going to get an F so what's the point. I know that's ridiculous and I will definitely get an F if I do that but it's just like why am I still bothering, I'm stupid and will fail my other classes anyway. I feel like I was stupid to have an ambition because of these ****ing voices, I feel like they're always gonna be there and always going to mess up everything I try.
After not talking to my gran for a few days after she said some pretty nasty things and pretty much said she doesn't support my wedding, we had a good heart to heart tonight and she agreed that doesn't listen to me enough or really take an interest in my MH, despite me trying to tell her what the conditions are, how they affect me etc and that the reason she isn't that happy about my wedding is because she still sees me as her kid. She said I could be 40 and she would still feel it was too soon for me to get married, which I understand completely, I just wish she worded it a bit nicer the other day there. I know she is stressed about my papa and that is maybe causing her to be short tempered too.

I feel a lot lighter now. I have been ill with stress, nerves and every emotion under the sun the last few days because of this. I see her and my papa like my mum and dad since they raised me more than my mum did so it really got to me and it put a dampner on a time when I should have been over the moon with my wedding being booked. Things aren't 100% between us but definietly feel lighter and hopefully things will settle in the next wee while and we will talk more and things will improve. Feels like tonight was a step in the right direction though :yep:
(edited 7 years ago)
I haven't got any support. :frown: I saw a new psychiatrist 3 weeks ago and her main focus was to decrease the huge amount of medication I'm on. I haven;t done so yet, she wanted to see how things went. Haven't managed to talk to anyone at the disability services department either (4 occasions there were loads of people, 1 occasion there was no one there. :/ )

Have you thought about perhaps phoning or emailing the department for an appointment? I do that sometimes when I don't want to walk in and start crying in public. :hugs:
Ah maybe it's worth writing down what it is you have to contend with/tackle as in the medication being reduced and also the getting round to speaking to disability services as you've been at uni quite a while and you really need that extra support. They need to know just how much you're struggling, there is honestly a lot of support avaliable once they're aware. Also the thing NOT to do is to split your problems and your studying (in your own mind and in reality i.e. not speaking to support services at uni). Sounds stupid/obvious but internalised stigma means we might end up hiding things in certain contexts and it's to our detriment when actually all they'll do is recognise it and actually lift some of the burden of coping alone. Force yourself upon the disability services :tongue: fully booked or not! Also speak to your personal tutor.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest