The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
I don't think I have problems with taking responsibility ordinarily (e.g. I know my ED is my problem, but I do need help with recovery so I'm upset that CMHT cba to work with me), just things are out of control right now. And tbh...I think I should be able to blame my abusers for things because they're literally the reason I have PTSD??? Like why shouldn't I be angry about how they've ruined my life, haha. :dontknow:

Not too bad. Good luck with them. I've got two exams too, I dunno when, should probably look that up or something. Should probably do some work too. Where are you going? I'm going on holiday too. Brother's wedding. :sigh: Idk what I'm doing everything seems inherently pointless right now.

I know what you mean, and I am the same. It's just sometimes I might blame someone else for the way I am feeling, instead of taking ownership (although I feel like that is part of the illness). It is horrible that you hardly receive any support from the services, I can completely understand why that would be so debilitating. You definitely should, and yeah, it's not your fault that you suffer from it. :hugs:

Thank you, and same to you too :smile: Somewhere in Europe (don't wanna say exactly where :redface:) I hope your brother's wedding goes well and you have a good time! I know the feeling, you are at the end of your degree now, right? Have you thought about what you are going to do after or just focusing on the here and now?

Spoiler

feel okish atm though tbh, Had palpitations and stuff but nothing horrendous :smile:
Hope everyone is alright :hugs: especially Airmed x
Had a dodgy dream. Have woken up nearly in tears and shaking.
:cry:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Had a dodgy dream. Have woken up nearly in tears and shaking.
:cry:

Awww hun, ik how that feels, hope you feel better soon :hugs: x
---
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anon #2
Anybody here had any experience with IAPT? I have my first appointment on Friday and I don't know what to expect. Also, I only sent the paperwork back last week and I already have an appointment? I was expecting to wait months.

I've had a good experience with it, had cbt through them but from what other people have said I think it varies from area to area and from person to person. Whatever happens try to build a good rapport with your therapist and be as open about your problems as possible.
Reply 346
Feeling so frustrated constantly, is it asking too much for just one thing to go right for a change? Permanently exhausted and just feel like I'm gonna feel this way forever. I just want to be ok with my life, fed up of feeling so down and unhappy. Sick of having a conscience and always putting other people before myself. But I feel so selfish doing anything else. Why can't, for once, things just go my way? :frown:
Anyone taken aripripizole before?

What are the side effects compared to other APs?

:smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz

It's got a reputation as one of the least sedating antipsychotics. I got really bad insomnia when I took it, in the end I had to stop as I was getting so little sleep. Apparently, it also doesn't tend to make people gain weight - though I can't vouch for that personally.
Original post by Sabertooth
It's got a reputation as one of the least sedating antipsychotics. I got really bad insomnia when I took it, in the end I had to stop as I was getting so little sleep. Apparently, it also doesn't tend to make people gain weight - though I can't vouch for that personally.

Thanks Saber!

I want to stop the clozapine because of the weight gain and sedation. My psych mentioned swapping my other AP for aripripizole because of the lack of side effects but I'm going to try and push to just have aripripizole on its own.

I've been on it nearly 5 years now! It's worked wonders - reduced symptoms (recurrence and severity) by about 80% :king1: No side effects for me either :woo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've been on it nearly 5 years now! It's worked wonders - reduced symptoms (recurrence and severity) by about 80% :king1: No side effects for me either :woo:

fantastic!

Well deffo try to at least talk about changing meds with psych :smile:

I was on Aripiprazole and I found it helpful, with no side effects apart from a slight tremor.

There is a study though that found that a low dose of Aripiprazole (5-10mg a day) used in combination with Clozapine can reduce the weight gain and sedation, allowing service users to get the benefits of Clozapine with a smaller side effect profile.
Original post by bullettheory
I was on Aripiprazole and I found it helpful, with no side effects apart from a slight tremor.

There is a study though that found that a low dose of Aripiprazole (5-10mg a day) used in combination with Clozapine can reduce the weight gain and sedation, allowing service users to get the benefits of Clozapine with a smaller side effect profile.

Interesting! Thanks for the advice.
Interesting! Thanks for the advice.

No problems. Hope you manage to get something sorted, and that you are doing well generally.
Original post by Little Popcorns
I've had a good experience with it, had cbt through them but from what other people have said I think it varies from area to area and from person to person. Whatever happens try to build a good rapport with your therapist and be as open about your problems as possible.

Yeah, I've always found the more honest I am the more I get out of it. Thanks :smile:
Feel horrible :redface:
Was fine today and then all of a sudden heart rate went through the roof, stomach flipping over and palpitations :/
Driving instructor has decided to start pushing me a lot more to become more confident when driving. Had a lesson today and I was feeling iffy so texted her before hand and just said can we just do manoeuvres where we live please instead of going into the big town. She was fine with that.

She then proceeded to push me a little bit far when we where doing a reverse around a corner I hadn't had done before and it was like a really dodgy, s shaped bend. I knew what I was doing, it went fine after I tried it again.

Just feel like I'm getting more and more moments of omg and freaking out about stuff when I'm driving and I honestly think it's threatening to turn into something that I'm gonna find harder and harder and I just don't know how to admit it without ending up in a mess. :cry2:
Different account because I use MHSS already with my main account, but I need to get away from that account for a few days.

Everything is so hard right now. I'm struggling so much but I'm managing to hide it well. I don't want to worry my boyfriend tbh because he doesn't deserve it. I look like I'm ok. I'm trying to function normally. But the noises won't stop and in my volunteering yesterday I was convinced I was being followed. :cry2:

If you recognise me, please don't publicise it. PM me instead.
Unconditional offer from Kingston to study MSc Clinical psychology!

Latest