The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

So I told my CPN that i'm not taking clozapine any more (i'm coming off of it but they wanted me on 200mg for a month and then 100mg for a month and then to stop) I haven't been taking it anyway but I had to let my CPN know

She e mailed my psychiatrist and he said it was ok for me to stop as long as I take some oral aripiprazole until i've had my 2nd depot. So happy that he listened to my concerns. My psych back home didn't listen to me at all and she put me on this horrible medication as well as a CTO which my new psych wants to take me off of.

Cinnie is happy :smile:

Oh and I have to see my mental health coordinator at uni today and give her my food diary. It's terrible.

Spoiler

so i'm not looking forward to hearing what she's gonna say about that =/
Original post by Airmed
Idk tbh. I was expecting a med increase at some point. But at the back of my mind I'm already thinking about the horrible side effects I'm gonna get like I always do, and then I will be back to square one

What are you taking?
Original post by Noodlzzz
What are you taking?

Trazodone.
Original post by Cinnie
So I told my CPN that i'm not taking clozapine any more (i'm coming off of it but they wanted me on 200mg for a month and then 100mg for a month and then to stop) I haven't been taking it anyway but I had to let my CPN know

She e mailed my psychiatrist and he said it was ok for me to stop as long as I take some oral aripiprazole until i've had my 2nd depot. So happy that he listened to my concerns. My psych back home didn't listen to me at all and she put me on this horrible medication as well as a CTO which my new psych wants to take me off of.

Oh and I have to see my mental health coordinator at uni today and give her my food diary. It's terrible.

Spoiler

Glad to hear that your concerns are being heard! :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie

Spoiler

High-five for joining the no clozapine, aripririzole team!

And yay for being heard!*
GP went really well, she was really nice and understanding :smile:

Yayyy!! :smile:
great, deb couldn’t see me because she was tied up. I got an appointment for monday. When is someone gonna realise that if you cancel on someone with bpd and then don’t give them an appointment till 5 days later its gonna leave them feeling abandoned and neglected :frown:
High-five for joining the no clozapine, aripririzole team!

And yay for being heard!*

Yep! Praise the lord we're not on clozapine any more eh!

Do you find you sweat a lot on aripiprazole?
Original post by Cinnie
Yep! Praise the lord we're not on clozapine any more eh!

Do you find you sweat a lot on aripiprazole?

Not really. Actually I've had no side-effects from taking it all! You?*
Not really. Actually I've had no side-effects from taking it all! You?*

Yeah i have to wear really baggy dark clothing cause i've started sweating so much!
Original post by Cinnie
Yeah i have to wear really baggy dark clothing cause i've started sweating so much!

I had this problem soooo bad throughout puberty and into start of uni (thank god gone now!) can't find the exact brand but try something like this:*http://www.boots.com/en/Perspirex-Original-Antiperspirant-Roll-On-20ml_1795977/

it did wonders for me :smile:*
I have a disability mental health meeting at uni on Tuesday :eek: for all these new professionals in my life at the same time!

But he did say on the phone I was one of the most organised students this year in terms of sorting out arrangements and DSA and evidence and stuff :smile:*
GP went really well, she was really nice and understanding :smile:

Great to hear! :biggrin:
Ok thought I would talk, had a hectic month but last week or so been so out of it I think due to the massive drop in temperatures and early evenings (I say every year I suddenly have a drop within a day or two around this time so I am sure I have something wrong) but its never hard to pinpoint as anything can be expained.

Like last week I had a friend round who is a pain in the """ but a nice person as hes messy, and grumpy and even at best of times I don't like guests, then between Thursday last week to today have only been out once and that was Saturday for a hour as so tired due to the change in temp and lighting plus I think ok I will put off everything till tomorrow then tomorrow comes and I don't leave the house again.

So today I was thinking of going to town but its too late now, or go to supermarket but if going to supermarket to get the cheap reduced stuff I wont be home till around 7.40 and I have to go to bed at every latest midnight for class but more likely 10pm to get a good nights sleep meaning I won't have long before then to relax.

So either I stay in and feel knocked out but have a few hours before bed to watch movie and play video games, go out but by time I get back only have around 2 or 3 hours either way little choice.
I asked this on my OCD Awareness thread but thought I'd ask here too. Its to help me with my upcoming media portrayal of OCD thread for Friday :h:

So you may have seen t shirts, jumpers, posters etc lately saying "I have OCD - Obsessive Christmas Disorder!" or even things like "OCD - Obsessive Cat Disorder", "I have CDO - Its OCD but the right way around". These kind of items have become popular in recent years and as you can imagine, they have created a backlash among many.

How do you guys feel about this? I can take a joke with the best of them and I'm not easily offended but I do feel its wrong to trivialize an illness that already has so many misconceptions and I kind of feel like doing this only adds to the misconceptions and plays down the seriousness of the condition. If OCD stood for a serious physical disease, say a cancer, I personally feel like people wouldn't be so quick to make jokes about it.

There's no right or wrong answer but any input you could give would be very much appreciated and I will be using the answers along with my thread on media portrayals of OCD on Friday.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
I asked this on my OCD Awareness thread but thought I'd ask here too. Its to help me with my upcoming media portrayal of OCD thread for Friday :h:

So you may have seen t shirts, jumpers, posters etc lately saying "I have OCD - Obsessive Christmas Disorder!" or even things like "OCD - Obsessive Cat Disorder", "I have CDO - Its OCD but the right way around". These kind of items have become popular in recent years and as you can imagine, they have created a backlash among many.

How do you guys feel about this? I can take a joke with the best of them and I'm not easily offended but I do feel its wrong to trivialize an illness that already has so many misconceptions and I kind of feel like doing this only adds to the misconceptions and plays down the seriousness of the condition. If OCD stood for a serious physical disease, say a cancer, I personally feel like people wouldn't be so quick to make jokes about it.

There's no right or wrong answer but any input you could give would be very much appreciated and I will be using the answers along with my thread on media portrayals of OCD on Friday.

Completely agree with what you typed above. It's the kinda issue where, when I was younger/less wise/more naive, I may have relished buying and wearing an "Obsessive Christmas Disorder" T-shirt. But I know better now. It's just not on, tbh. We can never educate the next generation whilst such trivialising is allowed to continue.

To illustrate your point with another example: it's no more OK to wear these kinda T-shirts than it is to say "that's so gaaaaaaay", using gay as some kinda derogatory word.

We need to challenge and change the way we all think, and part of that is learning what language to use/how to use language appropriately.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Completely agree with what you typed above. It's the kinda issue where, when I was younger/less wise/more naive, I may have relished buying and wearing an "Obsessive Christmas Disorder" T-shirt. But I know better now. It's just not on, tbh. We can never educate the next generation whilst such trivialising is allowed to continue.

To illustrate your point with another example: it's no more OK to wear these kinda T-shirts than it is to say "that's so gaaaaaaay", using gay as some kinda derogatory word.

We need to challenge and change the way we all think, and part of that is learning what language to use/how to use language appropriately.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now :colondollar:

I'm with you 100% on all your points :yep:

When I went to get my PIP form filled out recently, the woman was asking me my illnesses and then she came out with "I have OCD too...Obsessive Christmas Disorder" :facepalm:I didn't know whether to laugh or smack her. I just kind of sat there in disbelief.

I'm tempted to post this question on FB where many of the people I know post those bloody 'OCD' Christmas posts and memes :teehee:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm with you 100% on all your points :yep:

When I went to get my PIP form filled out recently, the woman was asking me my illnesses and then she came out with "I have OCD too...Obsessive Christmas Disorder" :facepalm:I didn't know whether to laugh or smack her. I just kind of sat there in disbelief.

I'm tempted to post this question on FB where many of the people I know post those bloody obsessive Christmas posts :teehee:

:jumphug: I don't think anyone's ever been that rude to my face. I wouldn't know what to do either, in that situation :console:
Original post by Cinnie
That sounds reasonable. I'm sorry they're making this so hard for you, it's really not what you need right now on top of everything :console:

Please don't put yourself down, you're such a nice person, so helpful and supportive... you're not going to fail

I'm actually thinking of giving up on this letter. Only one of my classes is in the morning so they'd be the only during-semester exams I have (I don't know when my finals will be though). But I just feel like what's the point in pursuing this? It's the class I've already failed twice before, and I am on track to fail again. Got 45% on my last exam ffs. :cry2: I don't know what to do tbh. :frown:

That's great news about the clozapine btw! :five: Aripiprazole gave me really bad insomnia so hope you don't get that side effect.
Original post by Little Popcorns
It's to clear up lose ends with any remaining physical symptoms that still cause me distress. So it's a symptom diary and then I write down associated thoughts/feelings and question how they might be contributing and try out alternative explanations rather than immediately presuming it's a sign of a serious illness.

Yep he's said I can call if I'm struggling.

Oh I can see the logic there. I really hope it helps you. It's awesome you can call if you struggle, dealing with stuff alone can be so difficult so it's good you've got that net there. :smile: My PM box is always open if you want another point of view.

Latest