Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Long rant post, may be triggering

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chelseadagg3r

Spoiler

I've never been good at the advice stuff, but I can tell someone (deep down) wants one of these: :hugs:

May I ask which uni? Just if it's Hull you can always hunt me down and rant to me:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I've never been good at the advice stuff, but I can tell someone (deep down) wants one of these: :hugs:

May I ask which uni? Just if it's Hull you can always hunt me down and rant to me:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :hugs:

I think Nottingham Trent is top of my list, but I've been looking into Hull as well.

You're so kind :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
No offense but what did that person think a doctor would do about a cold? It can't be treated with antibiotics just rest and OTC cold remedies.

I saw a doctor in my first year at university about depression and she told me it was "teenage hormones" (at 19). My girlfriend at the time told me to push for help so I saw another doctor who diagnosed severe depression and immediately started me on antidepressants.

yeah true, i'm guessing they must have had really bad freshers flu and thought going to the doctors would help. so i guess i should just keep trying if the first doctor doesn't turn out to be helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Ngl i agree with saber the drs can do naff all for a cold so its a complete waste of the drs time so no wonder they were a bit miffed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it's true, hopefully the doctors at my uni are helpful with other things, i haven't had good experiences with the doctors tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r

Spoiler

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

Spoiler

Thank you so much honestly. I've always felt so bad about feeling like this and people usually agree that I'm in the wrong with it.

I am gonna try. I have this week off so I was going to try for an appointment, but I'm struggling to get myself out of the house. I just can't at the moment. I'm going to phone up tomorrow and try and get one because I think it might be easier once it's booked. I just hope I don't have to wait a couple of weeks. Definitely going to ask for a referral though rather than trying to keep it to the GP.

Thanks again :hugs: hope things are okay on your end
I haven't tried it. I've never taken any vitamins. Any vitamin B in particular?

I actually have an app on my phone which checks interactions (it's part of my uni course).

Not really I just get tub of shop brand. It's not as good in multivitamin form so I don't get the mvs with vit b in
Weird how therapy hits randomly during week after. Safeguarding thing happened. There's now a report somewhere on my dad but it's not going further. Which makes me happy and sad. I felt relief at idea of not lying. Don't know that I can keep the secret forever now it's emerging.

Was hoping meds would quieten my parts. Like they aren't really real. Nope. When fog lifts from side effects. Still there. And actually trying to talk to me more. Like having a child constantly talk to me when I'm busy so I can't quite hear what they're saying.

I'm here and listening to everyone. Capacity to respond well is very small. Sorry! Love to all
Essays are all done but now I'm coming down with something awful. Have brain scans today too.

Mentally not that great. Struggling to form thoughts etc. Just big waves of horrible feelings.
I messed up in work on Monday (just stupid mistakes) and was off yesterday due to a migraine (possibly the migraine coming on was the reason I messed up). I'm planning on going into work today but I'm really nervous and woke up having a panic attack :frown:
Yeah, quetiapine is a killer for sedation. I don't know if this will help you, but what I did was take it earlier at night. I take it at around 7pm which is good for getting me off to sleep a few hours later but with less sedation in the morning. I can actually get out of bed now! :tongue:

It is indeed :frown: yeah I've started taking them early - pretty much as soon as I get back from work so 6/6:30 pm. The problem is it doesn't seem to knock me out much at night - I don't start feeling tired until around 11pm, it just kills me in the morning.

Thank you for the advice though! Hope you are doing okay dude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
Seeing CCO tomorrow. Worried if I tell her that my housemates are spies and put recording devices in my room and thoughts in my head that aren't mine (bad things, but won't act on them as they're not my thoughts) that she'll get me sectioned. But then I hate not having anyone IRL to talk to about this stuff so I'm conflicted.

Oh and, when asked 'are you safe?' does this mean safe from yourself? Because I am safe from myself, but I'm worried about others hurting me. So no, I don't feel safe.

I would say that "safe" should include both safe from yourself and your general feeling of safety. If you're feeling unsafe it's important to let someone know. If you are scared and worried it's important to try and address it. I would encourage you to talk to her. Good luck and feel better soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
I would say that "safe" should include both safe from yourself and your general feeling of safety. If you're feeling unsafe it's important to let someone know. If you are scared and worried it's important to try and address it. I would encourage you to talk to her. Good luck and feel better soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bullettheory, I think I will talk to her today about it. How are you doing? :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
How does anyone cope with feeling dead inside? It had got a bit better/less intense for a while but come back with a vengeance these last couple of weeks and really getting to me. I swear absolutely anything could happen and I'd barely even notice. This weekend should have been amazing but I just sat there thinking about really bad stuff for whole chunks of it. Hate it.

:hugs: anyone that needs them. Also a very late happy birthday to @The_Lonely_Goatherd and :wavey: to @Anon #2- am around if either of you want to talk

100% understand how that feels, not sure I've found any ways to cope with it though :frown: :hugs:

Cheers for last night - calmed down a lot now :smile:
Original post by Airmed
Essays are all done but now I'm coming down with something awful. Have brain scans today too.

Mentally not that great. Struggling to form thoughts etc. Just big waves of horrible feelings.

Hope you feel better :console: How come you're having a brain scan?
Original post by Little Popcorns
Hope you feel better :console: How come you're having a brain scan?

I've just gotten worse all day :frown: but thank you.

Psychiatry requested them because I suffer really bad headaches and migraines. It's just a precaution, really.
Just had an exam in my math class. Needless to say, I will probably be redoing the class next semester. :frown:

Why doesn't anything stick in my brain other than those thoughts they're putting there? Exam on Friday in the class I've failed twice; no doubt I'll be redoing that one as well even though I've been working my ass off. :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
I've just gotten worse all day :frown: but thank you.

Psychiatry requested them because I suffer really bad headaches and migraines. It's just a precaution, really.
Sorry to hear :hugs:

Ah makes sense hope everythings okay sure it will be!

Just had an exam in my math class. Needless to say, I will probably be redoing the class next semester. :frown:

Why doesn't anything stick in my brain other than those thoughts they're putting there? Exam on Friday in the class I've failed twice; no doubt I'll be redoing that one as well even though I've been working my ass off. :cry2:
:frown: :hugs: hope you didn't fail! You really need extra support!
I'm meeting up with a friend tomorrow who I haven't saw in about 3/4 years and I'm both excited and terrified about it. She's very understanding about my MH but I still feel the need to try and hold it back from people other than my mum and partner. I'm glad though we are going to a place I am very familiar with at least so that's one worry off my mind :yep:

Latest