The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
It's got like this olive oil taste to it, it's like pure oil in my mouth which is horrible. Apple sauce doesn't really exist over here? And peanut butter I can't eat straight but thanks for that one.

Really not sure what to do as it says you can mix it with cold / Luke-warm food for kids but I don't want to ruin the few foods I eat nowadays with this taste :giggle:

What about putting it in a smoothie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elleee1234
Sendings hugs I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight either 😭

Im hoping a sleep! Doing overtime tomorrow! Feeling slightly better abput what happened but still really confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
What about putting it in a smoothie?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think I would drink a whole thing if I made a smoothie :frown:

Sounds like I'm making excuses but I really struggle with taking things like this (which is why this is the first time in years / my memory I've been put on something like this) and I'm trying to find a way to do it and be a good girl. Currently I can't look at the stupid box without feeling sick from it but I don't know if that's because it didn't happen that long ago or if it's because of something else. :hide:

--

Glad you're feeling a little better :hugs: I'm hoping I'll sleep too but horrible period cramps are stopping me.
Don't think I would drink a whole thing if I made a smoothie :frown:

Sounds like I'm making excuses but I really struggle with taking things like this (which is why this is the first time in years / my memory I've been put on something like this) and I'm trying to find a way to do it and be a good girl. Currently I can't look at the stupid box without feeling sick from it but I don't know if that's because it didn't happen that long ago or if it's because of something else. :hide:

--

Glad you're feeling a little better :hugs: I'm hoping I'll sleep too but horrible period cramps are stopping me.

Milkshake or something? There must be a way, we will come up with something!

Ahhh hate periid cramps! You got a hot water bottle and pain killers?
If you struggke with them look at getting a tenns machine. Lloyds pharmacy do a period pain one and it gives you tiny localised electric shocjs and i find 20mins of that stops my pain for ages!
People use then during labour

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to drop out. 2 weeks in and the pressure is already getting too much. Why do I do this to myself? I sunk another $3000 into this degree which I know I haven't got a chance of passing. My spouse won't let me say a word about dropping out. :frown:

I thought I heard people coming to kill me a couple of hours ago and she just shouted how "pissed off" I was making her. Thanks :frown:
It's got like this olive oil taste to it, it's like pure oil in my mouth which is horrible. Apple sauce doesn't really exist over here? And peanut butter I can't eat straight but thanks for that one.

Really not sure what to do as it says you can mix it with cold / Luke-warm food for kids but I don't want to ruin the few foods I eat nowadays with this taste :giggle:

I cant take liquid meds well either! :eek: I have to use a syringe. :colondollar:
@Midnightmemories - can you try it with yoghurt?
Have a feeling there's someone I needed to reply to but can't for the life of me remember who, sorry :redface:

Had a rough few days but think I'm coming out of it. And a big breakthrough in therapy this morning. Session started with her having a bit of a moan about my PHQ-9 scores not coming down despite saying I was too severe /complex for them initially (which I knew, and it doesn't work like that anyway!) but then after that was really good, if very hard. Not sure she understood all of what I was saying but ended up in the same place and was so different to where I started and didn't think I ever would. Glad she didn't ask about safety too much too.

Absolutely shattered now and need to calm down and got a social thing tonight which I'd be worried about at the best of times but actually sort of okay. Hopefully it'll last, or at least until on my own and well enough and time to think

Sorry for that ramble, needed to get it out somewhere. Hope everyone's okay :grouphugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Things I did today which I haven't been able to do for 4 weeks:

Get up before 4pm (I got up at 12:30!)
Go to 1 1/2 lectures this afternoon with no panic attack of swift exit half way through
Literally making myself eat potatoes even though I'm not hungry and the voices don't want me to.
It's not letting me quote people on here :colonhash: But massive hugs all round :hugs: :grouphugs: You all have so many people who care for you, myself included :love: Well done for those making progress, no matter how big or small! and for those who feel they are going back a step, I believe and have experienced this to be very true :heart:

It's not showing the image but it's the "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming." quote :h:

The part of me which is telling me and making me feel like I'm not good enough and won't do well is slowly decreasing now I'm on placement. I actually feel like I'm doing quite well and have things on track at the moment, I'm loving placement, they're all so friendly and helpful. I had so many thoughts of dropping out when I was stressed in Uni, but now I'm putting the theory from uni into practise on placement, I feel like I'm actually in the right profession and it's all worth it, phew :tongue: Just need to keep powering through
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Airmed
Literally making myself eat potatoes even though I'm not hungry and the voices don't want me to.

Please try and see someone, it sounds like things are dipping. Maybe even just a referral for therapy?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Please try and see someone, it sounds like things are dipping. Maybe even just a referral for therapy?

My psychiatrist was meant to refer me over 6 months ago. He just can't decide which therapy to refer me for. :redface: There is nothing they can do. Can't go on meds, no where near a therapy waiting list. And talking doesn't help much. I wish it didn't but it doesn't :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
My psychiatrist was meant to refer me over 6 months ago. He just can't decide which therapy to refer me for. :redface: There is nothing they can do. Can't go on meds, no where near a therapy waiting list. And talking doesn't help much. I wish it didn't but it doesn't :cry2:

What about trying to see your psychiatrist sooner? If you call up and ask to speak to him or just give a brief overview of how much you're struggling, they/he might be able to see you soon.
@chelseadagg3r I *think* you just gave me the rep that put me over into 10 gems :biggrin:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
@chelseadagg3r I *think* you just gave me the rep that put me over into 10 gems :biggrin:

:woo: :macarena: And what a great post it was :yay:
Original post by Noodlzzz
What about trying to see your psychiatrist sooner? If you call up and ask to speak to him or just give a brief overview of how much you're struggling, they/he might be able to see you soon.

My psychiatrist is useless. I don't like him. He has no answers tbh and he's a waste of my time. He doesn't listen to me and only half listens to my CPN; spends far too much time thinking rather than doing. The next time I'm due to see him is when my CPN thinks I should see him.
Original post by chelseadagg3r
:woo: :macarena: And what a great post it was :yay:

PRSOM! :hugs:

I can quote again :colone:

How are things with you, lovely? :heart:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
PRSOM! :hugs:

I can quote again :colone:

How are things with you, lovely? :heart:

:woo:

Up and down :tongue: Still pushing through! How about you? :jumphug:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
:woo:

Up and down :tongue: Still pushing through! How about you? :jumphug:

Well, acknowledge the down but appreciate the up! I hope things are more up than down, or are soon! :hugs: Things are good, heading back up recently, which is great :smile: Also pushing through, but the mud seems less thick and less high now, it's getting easier to push through :yep: enjoying being on the team? :colone:

Latest