The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Took another clonazepam pill.

Spoiler

I can really see why this is addictive, I feel amazing and couldn't give a damn what the voices are saying. Though typing and using the mouse are both pretty difficult. :colondollar:
I hope everyone is having a good mental health day. I took clonazepam for a non mental health problem and I felt amazing while I was on it. Good luck to you
Got broken up with last night. He said I wasn't coping with the stress of uni, and it was affecting my health. I'm really upset. It's less than three weeks till exams are over; of course I'm going to be studying all day? If anything it helps my anxiety because it gives me focus :/
Original post by Little Popcorns
:frown: sorry to hear :hugs: I'm having a bit of a period like this too atm. Where did you learn about challenge charts?

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat :frown: :hugs: I came up with it when I was housebound years ago but then got told that is what I would have been told to do anyway if I got CBT for panics. I'm just glad it has helped me in the past and should help me now.

I've got a kidney infection atm which explains why I have been extra drained and anxious lately. My HA and OCD goes through the roof at the slightest hint of an illness in me :frown:
Completed my mental health nursing 2017 application today!
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sorry to hear you are in the same boat :frown: :hugs: I came up with it when I was housebound years ago but then got told that is what I would have been told to do anyway if I got CBT for panics. I'm just glad it has helped me in the past and should help me now.

I've got a kidney infection atm which explains why I have been extra drained and anxious lately. My HA and OCD goes through the roof at the slightest hint of an illness in me :frown:

Well done for thinking it up that's pretty impressive since like you say that is what they suggest in cbt.

Sorry to hear about the kidney infection :frown: :hugs: that must be pretty unpleasant hope you've been given antibiotics and that they clear it up for you. My anxiety is the same had some weird shakey ill feeling last night and made me so anxious so really know how you feel.
My spouse keeps trying to get me to go to the cinema with her but the idea of sitting in a dark room full of people really scares me. We went yesterday but there was a huge queue to buy tickets so we came home. However, she wants to try again today. I can't think of a way to get out of it.

In other news, I'm now so overweight that I can't get my wedding ring off. That ****ing psychiatrist and his "oh you eat more when you revise" theory. Makes me so angry.
Feeling really useless/hopeless tonight :frown:

In other news, I'm now so overweight that I can't get my wedding ring off. That ****ing psychiatrist and his "oh you eat more when you revise" theory. Makes me so angry.

I'm in the same position. I'm fat as hell and I never used to be before I was on my current medication and I can't seem to shift it. Although to be fair I don't do much exercise which is probably a problem.

Oh well. Not much I can do about it now I suppose.
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
I'm in the same position. I'm fat as hell and I never used to be before I was on my current medication and I can't seem to shift it. Although to be fair I don't do much exercise which is probably a problem.

Oh well. Not much I can do about it now I suppose.

Did you gain weight because of it messing with your metabolism? It seems like no matter what I eat I just keep piling on the pounds. :frown:

I'm going to see a different psychiatrist next week to get off this ****ing drug and hopefully get one that works and doesn't have this as a side effect (the medication is actually to help me concentrate in class and for some reason my current psychiatrist prescribes me intuniv rather than adderall - one leads to weight gain, the other weight loss so you can guess which I want to take :tongue: ). But yeah, I am pissed as hell with him.
Did you gain weight because of it messing with your metabolism? It seems like no matter what I eat I just keep piling on the pounds. :frown:

Yeah my metabolism has changed loads since I started taking these medications. I used to be a really fidgety person who did an awful lot of exercise but since starting taking all of these medications that has completely changed. I keep putting on loads of weight even when I don't eat all that much.

I'm going to see a different psychiatrist next week to get off this ****ing drug and hopefully get one that works and doesn't have this as a side effect (the medication is actually to help me concentrate in class and for some reason my current psychiatrist prescribes me intuniv rather than adderall - one leads to weight gain, the other weight loss so you can guess which I want to take :tongue: ). But yeah, I am pissed as hell with him.

I wish I could do the same but I'm on depot injection for one of my medications (100mg of Paliperidone) and I also take 600mg of Quetiapine a day but I'm finding it really hard to stop it because when I try I get really bad withdrawal symptoms like not being able to sleep and having flu like symptoms. I basically kills me for a couple of months and I can't cope with that. I also end up getting ill again if I try which sucks. Seems like I need a lot of medication to keep me well. Well more than most other people I've heard of.
Yeah my metabolism has changed loads since I started taking these medications. I used to be a really fidgety person who did an awful lot of exercise but since starting taking all of these medications that has completely changed. I keep putting on loads of weight even when I don't eat all that much.

I wish I could do the same but I'm on depot injection for one of my medications (100mg of Paliperidone) and I also take 600mg of Quetiapine a day but I'm finding it really hard to stop it because when I try I get really bad withdrawal symptoms like not being able to sleep and having flu like symptoms. I basically kills me for a couple of months and I can't cope with that. I also end up getting ill again if I try which sucks. Seems like I need a lot of medication to keep me well. Well more than most other people I've heard of.

I know what you mean buddy. Every time I've tried to come off antipsychotics things have got really bad. Atm my wife keeps telling me to ask for an increase but I'm like er...no. I take1000mg quetiapine at night which makes me slur my words and fall asleep as soon as I lie down and my wife's just like oh increase it maybe that will help. :no: But yeah, I'm on a lot of medication too so can definitely sympathize with you there :console: How do you feel about the depot? I was on it for haloperidol for a while and I felt like an animal, I loathed it. They let me take it orally instead after I put my foot down and refused it. Any way you can do that? Or do you not mind?
I know what you mean buddy. Every time I've tried to come off antipsychotics things have got really bad. Atm my wife keeps telling me to ask for an increase but I'm like er...no. I take1000mg quetiapine at night which makes me slur my words and fall asleep as soon as I lie down and my wife's just like oh increase it maybe that will help. :no: But yeah, I'm on a lot of medication too so can definitely sympathize with you there :console: How do you feel about the depot? I was on it for haloperidol for a while and I felt like an animal, I loathed it. They let me take it orally instead after I put my foot down and refused it. Any way you can do that? Or do you not mind?

I think they put me on the depot because they didn't believe I was taking my medication which sucks. I've never not taken my medication and because I was on such a high dose and it wasn't really helping they put me on the depot to make sure I was taking it.

I guess I could ask about coming off it but at this point in time I have literally taken every single atypical antipsychotic on the market including clozapine and always had issues with one or the other. I've never taken any of typical ones though.

Not really sure what to do these days. I feel like I have no control over anything and I've been avoiding seeing my psychiatrist because it really freaks me out going to that building for some reason.

At least things are somewhat stable at the moment but I'm going to have to move soon and it looks like I'll be going into supported living which is a shared flat. It'll either go really well or I'll end up in hospital again :frown:. I really don't get on when I'm with other people in close proximity.
I think they put me on the depot because they didn't believe I was taking my medication which sucks. I've never not taken my medication and because I was on such a high dose and it wasn't really helping they put me on the depot to make sure I was taking it.

I guess I could ask about coming off it but at this point in time I have literally taken every single atypical antipsychotic on the market including clozapine and always had issues with one or the other. I've never taken any of typical ones though.

Not really sure what to do these days. I feel like I have no control over anything and I've been avoiding seeing my psychiatrist because it really freaks me out going to that building for some reason.

At least things are somewhat stable at the moment but I'm going to have to move soon and it looks like I'll be going into supported living which is a shared flat. It'll either go really well or I'll end up in hospital again :frown:. I really don't get on when I'm with other people in close proximity.

Is there a reason you haven't tried typical antipsychotics? I found stelazine really helpful for a while and the haldol I'm on now has also been a good decision. There is generally less metabolic side effects with the older drugs although things like dry mouth, shakiness, and blurry vision can be problematic at the start particularly.

I saw your thread about supportive living, I don't know much about it but I really hope it goes well for you. Living with others can be difficult but hopefully it will keep you out of hospital and give you some of your life and freedom back. :hugs:
Is there a reason you haven't tried typical antipsychotics? I found stelazine really helpful for a while and the haldol I'm on now has also been a good decision. There is generally less metabolic side effects with the older drugs although things like dry mouth, shakiness, and blurry vision can be problematic at the start particularly.

I saw your thread about supportive living, I don't know much about it but I really hope it goes well for you. Living with others can be difficult but hopefully it will keep you out of hospital and give you some of your life and freedom back. :hugs:

No idea why I haven't tried any of the typical ones to be honest. Just no one has ever suggested them and I don't feel like I know enough about them to make that suggestion. I get a bit scared of the movement disorders that are a side effect to be honest. Not sure how common they are but I don't want to have that problem as well.

Thanks for the support :smile:. Yeah I hope it goes well as well. I've been living with my parents far longer than I should. I think I need a bit of extra support before I move out for good on my own and this seems like the best option for me really. I don't really know what it entails but hopefully I'll be able to cope with it. I can't keep living with my parents into my 30s for obvious reasons but I also live in the most expensive area of England so finding a flat round here is really hard because I can't afford anything. I hope I get housing benefit to help with the costs otherwise I'm screwed. My CPN seems to think supported housing is a good idea so I guess I'll just have to trust her.
feel really down and struggling with the voices but can't do anything about it rn. still haven't really done any work for my exam on thursday, so will probably fail that. not sure where to go from here.
was woken up by the voices at 2am….CPN is coming with some clonazepam

Lost 1lb :woo: Only 59lb to go.....
Mental health is improving and side effects are reducing.

Happy days :smile:

:hugs: to all that need it
Boyfriend has went home for the summer. Won't see him until mid July. I've been close to tears all day and I have cried a few times. Feel so alone. :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
Boyfriend has went home for the summer. Won't see him until mid July. I've been close to tears all day and I have cried a few times. Feel so alone. :cry2:

:jumphug: :hugs: Always around if you want to text me at any time... :console:

--

Going to see one of my best friends who moved away on Friday. I'm really worried about the train journey already and that I'll end up getting the wrong train at the station... I'm also nervous about meeting her boyfriend. :hide:
Hi all,

This is probably treading on toes, but someone needs to say it.

I know I've hardly posted anything the past month or so but I've been reading most of that time and following stuff. I'm rather troubled by the amount of open forum weight-related posting I've seen, in the past few days in particular. We all know that some users in this thread have eating disorders, and there's no telling who may be reading this thread without commenting.

As such, we ALL have a duty to use our common sense and try and spoiler any discussion that IS allowed by TSR, but equally is likely to upset others (e.g. food stuff and weight loss/gain). Reading food/weight-related discussion can act as a trigger for others, making them feel competitive and like they haven't done enough to lose/gain weight, or they may interpret it as some kinda "sign" (particularly if they already suffer from or are prone to psychosis/paranoia).

I don't think anyone here means any harm by it and it's very easy to post without thinking in the heat of the moment or when you're feeling down about yourself for whatever reason. That said, for this to be a safe space for everyone, we ALL need to do our part - not just some of us or the majority.

Please can we try and be mindful of others? I am no angel in this regard either but I've tried to stop posting innanely about Easter eggs and which one is better, etc. A bit more effort from all of us (myself included) can go a long way in helping to protect the sanity of those around us who we call and consider friends.

I have made a thread in 'Ask the CT' to bring this to their attention too.

Thanks for reading :h:

Latest