The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

The hardest thing about mental health issues during this time of year is trying to cope with exams. I constantly feel like everyone around is amiably studying for exams, they know their materials like the back of their hands.I wake up in the morning dreading getting out of bed or even the thought of doing work gives me a panic attack.
Reply 61
i can't cope :frown:
Original post by Cinnie
i can't cope :frown:

:hugs: x
Original post by Nathanielle
Well, see it positively, she thinks you have a future! And that you can do it! I know it is ************************, but hopefully you find a way to get the work done, though I know, it is ********* difficult with no hope from within. (I don't think it is necessarily a sign she doesn't care, but she is probably realistic and knows that getting help takes longer than the time you have to get the right grades ...)

You can learn it. But teenagers are just cruel and don't really think a lot about what effect their behaviour has on others and thus often don't really mean it like it comes across ... teenagers who want to annoy someone, allways find a reason, so while it is annoying, I think it is really one of the rare situation, where one has to look over it (or just make a remark towards them) for ones own sake. But it is difficult and of course depends on the exact situation.

That's the problem, I don't see a future. And not to be rude, but I don't care if she (or anyone else for that matter) thinks I have a future or not - I can't see it for myself and in this situation my opinion on the matter is all that counts. Honestly, I just see a void in front of me. Having pretty much no support at all when I go home is terrifying, and getting little support here is not helping. I just don't give a **** about anything.

I know you're trying to help, but I can't think positively anymore. I've tried to be positive for my entire life and it's only gotten worse as time's gone on, so I give up. Can't be bothered.
I have to do a group presentation as the final of one of my modules. I am **** scared. I got through my first degree without doing a single one so I haven't done a presentation in about 12 years. Today my group met up to discuss it and one of them was saying about how a girl in his other module basically had a panic attack in front of everyone and had to leave the room. I'm like "hmmm yup". I'm home now but just writing this I can feel my heart beating faster. This is going to be a mess. :afraid:
Actually rather worried about these chest pains now :redface: never had them for so long or this severe, hoping sleep will fix it temporarily
Original post by Anon #2

Also had a chat with my personal tutor and she was lovely, she said I could put my exams off until August if I wanted to. Not sure what to do.

I think you need to really discuss this with your tutor. Part of me would personally not put them off. I hate exams and just want to get them over and done with.
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks for the advice, LP. :smile:

I've actually made a lot of acquaintances and even friends at uni so I guess I just forgot what it feels like when people laugh at me and don't even make much effort to hide it.

They did look like total rednecks though, their parents are probably siblings. :teehee:

How're things with you?
Haha lovely :lol:

But yeah you're right to be offended tbh they shouldn't have done it.

I'm okay just cracking on with getting out more little by little.
You okay?
Reply 68
Exam on Friday and I don't think it's going to go well. :frown:
Reply 69
Think I'm about to be sacked...
Said goodbye to old CC today. She was quite sad about it which was quite touching.

Seeing new CC next work, hope she's as nice as my old one :smile:
Back from Stockholm safely. Group hugs for everyone! :grouphugs:

I'm taking a bit of a break from posting regularly on here as pre-Stockholm, I broke myself trying to cater for a friend's needs (not anyone from here, this was an IRL friend from my volunteering at Mind). So I need a bit of a breather from posting and trying to help people :redface:

Hope you all understand. Stay safe! I'm still reading the thread when possible :smile:
Need to do my dissertation, but I'm too tired. Can't be bothered to do it. Absolutely exhausted.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I'm taking a bit of a break from posting regularly on here as pre-Stockholm, I broke myself trying to cater for a friend's needs (not anyone from here, this was an IRL friend from my volunteering at Mind). So I need a bit of a breather from posting and trying to help people :redface:

Hope you all understand. Stay safe! I'm still reading the thread when possible :smile:

Of course we understand!

Always on FB if you need help yourself :smile:
Honestly don't know to do with myself. I don't have the energy to fight for anything right now. I feel so low
Original post by Airmed
Exam on Friday and I don't think it's going to go well. :frown:

why is that lovely? :hugs: x

:hugs: totally understandable x
hope you are well :lovehug:

Take care, TLG :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Need to do my dissertation, but I'm too tired. Can't be bothered to do it. Absolutely exhausted.

Massive hugs :hugs: when is it due? Just take it bit by bit and do as much as you can :jumphug:
Reply 77
Original post by Anonymous
why is that lovely? :hugs: x

:hugs: totally understandable x
hope you are well :lovehug:

There is just too much and I feel so stupid, I've not been revising much as I really should have. The last exam I did I heard a load of voices and 3 days later I was in hospital. :frown: I'm worried this will happen again, and it's stupid, right?
Original post by Pathway
Honestly don't know to do with myself. I don't have the energy to fight for anything right now. I feel so low

You CAN do this :hugs:
Reply 79
Original post by Tiger Rag
I think you need to really discuss this with your tutor. Part of me would personally not put them off. I hate exams and just want to get them over and done with.

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards just sitting them in May and getting them over with.

Latest