The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Really struggling today
School ended and insomnia has gotten worse, makes no sense :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My birthday is on the 10th and I wonder if my old TSR buddy is going to wish me happy birthday. We don't speak any longer. If she is still reading my posts and sees this she probably will not wish me happy birthday. Oh well such is life
Original post by Anxious Anon
School ended and insomnia has gotten worse, makes no sense :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's probably because before despite having insomnia you were exhausted from the day at school, maybe exams etc and just zonked out in the end whereas now maybe you're not tiring yourself out much at all in comparison? Could it be that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Slept awful last night. Every single dream I had was a nightmare :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just heard I've past the year anyway... I really hoped that now everything would be at least a little better but to be honest, I still feel like crying and I have no energy to 'celebrate' that I've passed and still feel really bad about all of it. Damn me.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Slept awful last night. Every single dream I had was a nightmare :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lovehug:

Not sure what to suggest, I get them too :frown: :hugs:
The ****ing psychiatrist didn't reduce my clopixol even though she said she would she's pissing me off and being incompetent. I texted my care coordinator today and my old one saying I want a new doctor or I'm not going to any more appointments. Every 6 to eight months she's only reduced it to 25mg at her slow pace I'll still be on it for four years and I'm not happy. At least if it was the tablet form I might understand but it's the injections and I hate the injections they hurt me to the point of crying and she doesn't give a flying ****.
[QUOTE=Anonymous;66335194]The ****ing psychiatrist didn't reduce my clopixol even though she said she would she's pissing me off and being incompetent. I texted my care coordinator today and my old one saying I want a new doctor or I'm not going to any more appointments. Every 6 to eight months she's only reduced it to 25mg at her slow pace I'll still be on it for four years and I'm not happy. At least if it was the tablet form I might understand but it's the injections and I hate the injections they hurt me to the point of crying and she doesn't give a flying ****.

This is my comment I don't know why it's anon again
I am hating life atm. Acutely lonely, unfulfilled and everything's just ****.
Original post by Indieboohoo1
This is my comment I don't know why it's anon again

How comes they decided to use depot? Was it because you had difficulty taking your meds, or is it that the depot is more effective? Have you thought of getting an advocate? They may be able to assist you and put your view across.

Posted from TSR Mobile
another weekend alone. friends are nowhere to be seen now that they know
Feeling very fragile right now. :hide:
Hi guys, I've never really posted on one of these threads before and decided to make myself anon, due to the fact that not many people who know me know about it.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety and mild OCD by a psychiatrist and then had counselling/CBT for a while last year.
At certain times of the year (nov-feb), things become very dark for me and I always get so down where my anxiety tends to always come back. This time due to the stress of school which led to 'triggers', I experienced episodes of depression and my family started to notice. It's weird because I go through months where I feel absolutely fine and I think about to those dark months and they're all a blur... but it seems to repeat itself. I just tend to get really negative about things and anxious, as soon as I've got one stress out of the way, I instantly start worrying and stressing about the next thing... right now it's my driving test:-(

Just wanted to post and talk to anyone who's similar to me or give me some reassuring words. I've looked through this thread and everyone seems very lovely/supportive xx
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I've never really posted on one of these threads before and decided to make myself anon, due to the fact that not many people who know me know about it.

I've been diagnosed with anxiety and mild OCD by a psychiatrist and then had counselling/CBT for a while last year.
At certain times of the year (nov-feb), things become very dark for me and I always get so down where my anxiety tends to always come back. This time due to the stress of school which led to 'triggers', I experienced episodes of depression and my family started to notice. It's weird because I go through months where I feel absolutely fine and I think about to those dark months and they're all a blur... but it seems to repeat itself. I just tend to get really negative about things and anxious, as soon as I've got one stress out of the way, I instantly start worrying and stressing about the next thing... right now it's my driving test:-(

Just wanted to post and talk to anyone who's similar to me or give me some reassuring words. I've looked through this thread and everyone seems very lovely/supportive xx

I get exactly this!! I was diagnosed with depression and had therapy at the end of year 11 and things got so much better, but every year as pressure built up with school I'd get depressed. I'd usually get better once school finished but it affected my school work.

Prioritise your mental health. School and your driving test and everything you'll get other chances with. I've finished school now but my depression doesn't get better anymore, and I really wish I'd just given up on school when it was too much. So I guess just don't hesitate to put things off for as long as you need to because its not the end of the world.

You can PM me if you ever want to talk
Original post by Anonymous

Hey
Have you looked into SAD i think it is, its basically seasonal featuring depression, so feeling depressed over the winter months and happier over summer, this may link in with you feeling low nov-feb.

Everyones ace here, iv been knocking around mhss for around 4 years i think,? And still hang about even when things are better!
Went to the gym for the first time in nearly a year on thursday and knocked around a puck in a roller rink yesterday. My body is killing, all this exercise hurts! :tongue: I've hit a new high with my weight so I'm determined to do something about it.

ED trigger maybe

Original post by PandaWho
Hey
Have you looked into SAD i think it is, its basically seasonal featuring depression, so feeling depressed over the winter months and happier over summer, this may link in with you feeling low nov-feb.

Everyones ace here, iv been knocking around mhss for around 4 years i think,? And still hang about even when things are better!

Hi!
I've literally just searched it up on the NHS and it is very similar to what I have experienced. I thought it was just me associating feelings from that particular time of year.. I'm not really one to self-diagnose myself though. But I will look into it and thankyou so much for your help! I was worrying that my post might have broken the threads rules!

Yeah, everyone does seem so kind... its nice to come on here where everyone is so understanding! I'll definitely stick around:-)
Original post by Sabertooth
Went to the gym for the first time in nearly a year on thursday and knocked around a puck in a roller rink yesterday. My body is killing, all this exercise hurts! :tongue: I've hit a new high with my weight so I'm determined to do something about it.

ED trigger maybe

have you had tests for other things? One of my illnesses can cause weight gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! How are you? I haven't posted for a while.

It has now been over a month since I moved out of halls at the end of Year 2 at uni. I've had such a good social life this year. My flatmates were amazing and we had so much fun. However, my results were nothing to be proud of. Barely scraped passes in some modules and got 2:2 in the others. All because I'd lost motivation to study, a repeat of what happened during my A Levels.

My current meds are quite good actually. I'm on 20mg Fluoxetine and it has reduced my anxiety significantly. My mood is also just about holding during the current tough time I'm going through (all of my making I'd say :sad:). Other aspects like motivation to do things I need to significantly change myself. I did miss my review appointment last month and haven't chased it up, which isn't a good idea.

Now on to my tough time recently. It is to do with a girl and I'm just annoyed at both her and myself. Put it in spoiler as it is a long incoherent rant.

Spoiler

Latest