The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Mathematics and Economics

Hi all,

I was wondering what my chances are of getting an offer from LSE for the above course with 6 A*s and 5 As at GCSE level? Predicted AAA for AS (doing three ASs this year and will do one AS next year: will end up with four A levels in total).

Would be great to hear from current offer holders.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by londoncricket
Hi all,

I was wondering what my chances are of getting an offer from LSE for the above course with 6 A*s and 5 As at GCSE level? Predicted AAA for AS (doing three ASs this year and will do one AS next year: will end up with four A levels in total).

Would be great to hear from current offer holders.

Thank you!

Hi,
Well for GCSE I got 1A*, 5A's and 4 B's and for AS level I got AAAC. My predicted grades for A2 is A*A*A and LSE have given me and offer to study maths and economics which I've made my firm choice. So, given that you've got strong academic grades you've got a good chance in that sense but I believe LSE is looking for an all rounded person. To increase your chances I'd suggest getting into extra curricular and doing work experience a lot. Also, make sure when the time comes that you write a really good personal statement with no clichés.

Hope that helped :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Kiesha_ag
Hi,
Well for GCSE I got 1A*, 5A's and 4 B's and for AS level I got AAAC. My predicted grades for A2 is A*A*A and LSE have given me and offer to study maths and economics which I've made my firm choice. So, given that you've got strong academic grades you've got a good chance in that sense but I believe LSE is looking for an all rounded person. To increase your chances I'd suggest getting into extra curricular and doing work experience a lot. Also, make sure when the time comes that you write a really good personal statement with no clichés.

Hope that helped :smile:

Hi! Sorry to pop out of the blue, but I'm actually applying for Econ/Maths at LSE this year and was wondering if you have any tips on the personal statement? I'm really struggling with it so any help would be appreciated! Thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending