The Student Room Group

How do I stop caring about a girl who doesn't care about me?

There's this girl I have liked for ages and a few months ago I thought things where finally going to happen between us, she became really flirty with me and always messaging me things like that. Then suddenly as if over night she stopped messaging me as much and stopped talking to me as much. Since then I have always been the one starting the conversation between us but I have always felt like I am either bothering or annoying her.

Due to how crappy this is making me feel I am starting to think maybe I should stop caring about her and stop messaging her but I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it and I don't know how to do it.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl I have liked for ages and a few months ago I thought things where finally going to happen between us, she became really flirty with me and always messaging me things like that. Then suddenly as if over night she stopped messaging me as much and stopped talking to me as much. Since then I have always been the one starting the conversation between us but I have always felt like I am either bothering or annoying her.

Due to how crappy this is making me feel I am starting to think maybe I should stop caring about her and stop messaging her but I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it and I don't know how to do it.

What should I do?

Get obsessed over other girl. You'll forget sooner than you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time and space. Pretty much the only way. :smile:
Reply 3
But what do you mean by that? What can I do?

What should I do?

Start talking and flirting with other girls.
I have the same problem with the girl I like, we used to message each other a lot and when we saw each at work we would continue having long conversation. Then all of a sudden she starting not replying the my messages and leaving some that I can't respond to and now today she just ignored my message. The thing is when I see her at work she act like she did nothing and we talk normally. I feel like no I should just not start any conversation and let her do it, it will be hard but it's the only way to know if she cares or not. If I was you I would do the same, ignore her and she if she pops up to you anytime soon.
Reply 6
Original post by Smack
Start talking and flirting with other girls.

Even if I start doing that I will feel an urge to speak to the other girl though.
Reply 7
The best way is to focus on another girl and hopefully this one will like you back

But it's easier said than done. You should cut her out of your life if you don't consider her as a good friend. It will take longer but it's worth it
Reply 8
But what do you mean by that? What can I do?

You need to cut her out of your life, avoid her if you can and delete her off social media, delete her pictures or number and by not being in contact over time you will get over her as you will not think of her and she will fade away.
(edited 8 years ago)
sounds to me like she's playing games with you because unfortunately she knows you like her and she knows she can get attention when she wants it, from you. Don't be her door mat! And I will tell you this now, 1) If you stop showing interest and she leaves it at that, she's definitely not worth it. And 2) 10 times out of 10 if a girl cares she will start chasing the minute you seem like you've stopped caring or are moving on. Trust me on this. You are better than to let this girl walk all over you, remember that!
Original post by chikane
You need to cut her out of your life, avoid her if you can and delete her off social media, delete her pictures or number and by not being in contact over time you will get over her as you will not think of her and she will fade away.

Believe me I have thought about doing this but I know that as soon as she notices I have deleted her from Facebook and Twitter she will want to know why.
Just restore your system on back date hahahah
Believe me I have thought about doing this but I know that as soon as she notices I have deleted her from Facebook and Twitter she will want to know why.

She may or may not want to know why, but it doesn't matter anymore if you block her etc, you don't need to worry about it. You should probably do that, it's not fun to be in a one sided friendship and if you still like her in any way then it's best to do so, and not look back.
Original post by SeanFM
She may or may not want to know why, but it doesn't matter anymore if you block her etc, you don't need to worry about it. You should probably do that, it's not fun to be in a one sided friendship and if you still like her in any way then it's best to do so, and not look back.

I do keep thinking about deleting her but I think it would be too hard to bring myself to do it.
I do keep thinking about deleting her but I think it would be too hard to bring myself to do it.

I know it can be difficult to bring yourself to do it (been there, done that). You just have to close your eyes and do it, and after that you can finally move on.
The best thing to do is to QUIT COLD TURKEY.

DELETE all of her contacts, and just act like she never existed.

It hurts a lot less than allowing it to drag on and ruin your productivity and finding another girl worthy of your affections..

Remember, more often than not, the next girl is better than the one prior.
Ask @believeteam22 2 he seems to have it under control...
Original post by leinad2012
Ask @believeteam22 2 he seems to have it under control...

Lol. Well one sided friendships/relationships/feelings will mentally destroy you. Abort and get out of there. I know that from experience. Get out before you become crazy.
honestly,most girls are just to shy to say that they dont want anything to do with you anymore. Personally,same for me,there were some guys who I started talking with pretty normally bc trying to be nice since we were all new and didnt know each other. After a time I realised they wanted sth more and stopped talking to them. Honestly,this is not even friendzoned bc I dont even want to be friends with them! but they just dont stop texting and blocking feels awkward. So here is a heads up,just leave her alone bc youre just annoying here. Sounds harsh but as a girl it just makes her uncomfortable and annoys her. I know this is really hard but it is just like that. and if she does that bc shes playing hard to get,what most boys think,then its her own fault. srsly we are not tryin to play hard to get but boys just dont understand it. Its really annoying,sorry! Hope I dont come over as too hard and mean but you should just get over her.there are 7 billion ppl in the world so...

What should I do?

I have the same problem with the girl I like, we used to message each other a lot and when we saw each at work we would continue having long conversation. Then all of a sudden she starting not replying the my messages and leaving some that I can't respond to and now today she just ignored my message. The thing is when I see her at work she act like she did nothing and we talk normally. I feel like no I should just not start any conversation and let her do it, it will be hard but it's the only way to know if she cares or not. If I was you I would do the same, ignore her and she if she pops up to you anytime soon.

Something VERY similar happened to me, and after holding on for over a year i've never felt so much good to finally be able to let go of this disease. I loved her more than anything. She meant the world to me, but I was constantly led on. One week we'll talk the next we won't. It was really annoying and it left me in pieces for the whole year. My AS grades were worse than expected and I was a total wreck, not being able to concentrate on my life or anyone around me. Just her. I even found out she did similar things with other guys behind my back, even though she knew my feelings towards her. She never apologised or even cared, yet kept saying to me she didn't want to lose me.

Do you see where i'm going with this? It was never any good because she DIDN'T CARE. She was a heartless b**** and I kept running after her like an idiot, but I was helpless because I felt like she was the one. It wasn't till I finally got enough disrespect from her that I realised how much I was lowered, and what a weakling I had become. My confidence was ruined. And that gave me a chance to pic myself back up. It sparks fire and anger every time I see her in college walking about, but I have to forget about it and move on.

It's a lesson learnt for me, a big one, and I want to let you in on it too. Don't trust ANYONE. Don't hand your heart over to anyone until they come to you. Obviously it's a two way thing, you both have to show interest and you both have to love each other. If the other party doesn't confirm their love SIGNIFICANTLY in one way or another, then they should mean nothing to you. Yes I will flirt with girls, but I will never let it get to the point I helplessly love them. Be the one in control. Big yourself up and don't let girls with low morals like the one you speak of crap on you. The right person will come at the right time, but do actually make sure she really is the right one before you commit yourself.

Good luck with your exams.

sounds to me like she's playing games with you because unfortunately she knows you like her and she knows she can get attention when she wants it, from you. Don't be her door mat! And I will tell you this now, 1) If you stop showing interest and she leaves it at that, she's definitely not worth it. And 2) 10 times out of 10 if a girl cares she will start chasing the minute you seem like you've stopped caring or are moving on. Trust me on this. You are better than to let this girl walk all over you, remember that!

Yes I second that. Perfect explanation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending