The Student Room Group

Going on a date with someone in a different city

Is that sad?

I'm gay so the dating pool is already limited and my uni city is very small compared to my hometown so my dating pool is diluted even further. I've pretty much gone on dates with most of the guys I've been interested in without too much luck.

However I've been speaking to this guy on an app and we've agreed to go on a date when I'm back home (in two weeks time). I mean, it's two birds one stone to me because I get fed well whenever I'm back (my diet is atrocious on weekends at uni and I've lost so much weight recently) so I feel like I should be going back more often anyway to see friends and stuff!
It's not weird if you're meeting them in your home town anyway since you're not going out of your way to go to a random city or anything. Also it's safer since it's the city that you're from/know well. Stick to meeting people in your own city or the city you're at for uni, but I wouldn't recommend travelling to meet someone in a different city that you haven't been to before - always let them come to you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending