Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Emergency help needed pls

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Ok sorry for the alarming title but this really is an emergency. My exams start next week but my bio exam is in the middle of next month and i feel completely unable to study for it. Everytime i try to revise concepts I've already studied before, its like nothing goes in and i start stressing and confuse my self on the material. I dont know why this happening but im pretty ok at bio and i know i am capable of getting an A* but i dont know whats causing this hurdle I really need help

Hey, this is literally so common, don't worry. I spent all easter revising for a exam I had today, and each day I just thought that I couldn't do it anymore and that nothing was going in, but there are ways to avoid that. Basically, you don't actually learn anything if your brain isn't engaged, if you're just reading over text, then your brain is in passive mode and it won't actually remember anything. So what you need to do is adjust your revision so that you actually begin having to think about stuff, and the best way to do this is to explain things to other people, and to do flashcards. What I did for my exam was make flashcards and then got someone to test me on them, or I just tested myself if no one was available, this way, you actually begin utilising your memory in order to recall what's on the flashcards. What you'll eventually find is that you'll be able to remember more or less everything on the flashcards if you just keep going through them.

Other things that might help is take breaks, although this doesn't always work because if you're like me, you might not actually make use of your breaks, another thing is to get motivated by something, I usually find that listening to some epic music and drinking coffee gets me really hyped to revise, it does help.

But yh, I was pretty anti-flashcard when I was at school, but they are really effective if you're struggling to actually take anything in

This is what i would do, please note that people are different:
    Cry myself to sleep Depressed mode stage 1
    Suicidal thoughts Stage 2
    Nihilism Stage 3

Resolve and determination manifesting due to the above and something else. A reason or no reason at all. Just something to remind you of your existence. Why? You dont need to think of how . The reason alone will guide you blindly but truthly.
    PIERCE THROUGH THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL SIMO.. i mean tgys44. All you need is a resolve to study. Most of us here are probably all nighters studying until the birds mock you in the morning but still you must continue.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.