Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not eligible for student finance

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Despite being in the UK since the age of 5, delays in the processing of my immigration status meant that only at the age of 16 did I receive a right to remain(limited leave to remain) With This type of status I have to renew it every 2 and a half years. Student finance presently require applicants have at least settled status. However the are plans to abolish this and allow students with LLR to be eligible as long as they've spent 3 years legally in the country. By the time i enter uni I'll only have been legally resident for 2 years 9
    months so I still wouldn't be eligible! One option is that I take a gap year and apply the upper year where I'd have been legally resident for over three years. However I really want to enter university 2017. I was wondering if there are any scholarship programmes that

    You need to check with the uni you plan on studying at. But I doubt there are any scholarship programmes that will cover your tuition fees in full.

    What Rag said. You are only going to be able to find out what scholarships are available by researching your chosen unis.

    Just take a gap year, get a job and save some money. You wont regret it.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.