The Student Room Group

She tries texting when I don't feel like talking?

Whenever I wanna text her and have a conversation, she texts back with a sentence or one word answers and she doesnt continue the conversation, makes me feel less valued as a friend, and I left it for a few days and now I don't feel like talking and shes texting me lol.

I want to be valued to someone.
By the sounds of things she just likes the attention, and when you throw in the towel she's suddenly interested in talking.

If I were you just jump ship and find someone else.
Have you asked her about it? Perhaps when you've tried starting a conversation with her she's been really busy and not able to get into a full conversation. It might be that she's texting you a lot now because her schedule is less hectic now? I'm not really sure, the only thing you can do is to gently inquire. You will probably get more answers than asking on here.
Reply 3
You're just friends right? I literally am in the exact same position but months into the whole passively-not-talking 😭😂 You should talk it out before you both just get too annoyed at each other
Reply 4
Were just friends, but she rarely texts me first, Sometimes, I feel like i don't mean much to her and I care about the frirendship more than her, so I've been quiet lately, and she never invites me out, when ever I do, she mostly agrees to it.

Should I just go with it, I want to try texting her less, and not caring as much anymore and match her. I'm just not in the talking mood latley, I can't be dropping things for her.
Reply 5
Original post by bennyboyben
Were just friends, but she rarely texts me first, Sometimes, I feel like i don't mean much to her and I care about the frirendship more than her, so I've been quiet lately, and she never invites me out, when ever I do, she mostly agrees to it.

Should I just go with it, I want to try texting her less, and not caring as much anymore and match her. I'm just not in the talking mood latley, I can't be dropping things for her.

I think matching her is the only thing you can do. Theres no point putting more effort in if she doesn't return the favour. Still, I decided to do that and months later we're both sour and rarely talk. If you're prepared to deal with no longer being so close, I'd advise you try texting less. But if she doesn't adjust, be aware you're going to distance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending