The Student Room Group

HL Maths Help

Hello

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help/give advice. I do the International Baccalareate at one of the leading schools in the UK doing HL Maths Physics and Computer Science SL French English and Economics in Year 12. I've just had the Y12 Exams and must of them went really well except from Maths.

The revision I did was to look over everything we had learnt and teach myself the basic methods for everything we've done. However when the test came (as is the same in all end of unit tests) I struggle immensely with the data analysis of the question. Once I crack that apart from a couple of issues I can utilise the methods to do well. When going through with my teachers I understand it really well also.

I've been suggested not to do any past papers by my teachers as we do them all next year but I was wondering if anyone had any hard IB questions not from past papers or any overall tips that will likely aid me in getting a level 6 to get to the Uni I wish.

Thanks in advance, Any help would be much be appreciated

Matt
Reply 1
I've been suggested not to do any past papers by my teachers as we do them all next year.

Well to do an exam without having done past papers is ridiculous.
This link has a load of past HL papers.
Reply 2
Original post by nerak99
I've been suggested not to do any past papers by my teachers as we do them all next year.

Well to do an exam without having done past papers is ridiculous.
This link has a load of past HL papers.

Thanks a lot I've got the question bank so I'm fine
Reply 3
Yo Matt,
I cant help you with HL maths, but, im iinterested in what you want to study in uni with those subjects, maybe, computer engineering?
also, is HL maths and physics as hard as people say it is? Or does having good teachers like Mr Woodbridge and Breenium make it somewhat doable lol (i go to DGS as well)

Thanks!
hi, it looks like we have the same subjects! (but I'm actually sitting my exams this year)
At first I also struggled a bit with Maths HL. Maths is a weird subject because it depends on a lot of different factors whether you do well or not. For me I didn't do so well in first IB year and then suddenly after the summer went by I tried to do some papers and kept getting high 7s without any extra studying so maybe some of us need more time to fully grasp the concepts. The best thing you can do is do as many past papers as possible which also help build confidence. If you can solve all the types of exercises from past papers you will be fine. Also make sure you know the theory really really well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending