The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Stares at grades above*
Reply 41
GOT A B IN BIOLOGY ....STILL WAITING FOR MY CHEM N PHYS RESULTS...APPARENTLY MY SCHOOLS MISPLACED THEM N I GOT TO WAIT ANOTHER HOUR BEFORE THEY FAX THEM TO ME!!! ARGHHH!

DISSAPOINTED WID MY BIO GRADE THO! EXPECTED AN A IN IT :frown:

JUS HOPE MY OTHER 2 GRADES R GUD ENUFF TO GET ME INTO THE UNI OF MA CHOICE!

WELL DONE TO EVERY1 WHOVE MADE THE GRADES!!!

P.S. ANY1 WHO APPLIED FOR MEDICINE AT BSMS CHECK THEIR APPLICATION STATUS YET?....MINE JUS SAYS THEYRE STILL AWAITING MY GRADES! :s I THOUGHT THE UNIS GET OUR GRADES A WEEK BEFORE WE DO! :s NOT SURE IF I SHOULD PHONE THEM UP NOW OR WAIT UNTIL I GET ALL MY GRADES ?!
Physics - A
Maths - A
Further Maths - A
Chemistry - A
General Studies - A

What grades were you expecting?
AA(chem, genst), BBB(Phy - I hated the synoptic that much, Mat - M4 euw, Fmat - bad! P4 paper)

What were your grades last year for AS? AAAA

What were your predicted grades by your school or college?
AAAAA

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?
Firm: MPhys Physics @ Oxford (Christchurch - see you around elpaw!) - AAA to include Physics (not Gen St.)
Insurance: Theoretical Physics @ York - ABC (AB Physics and Maths)
Reply 43
At last, someone who's doing physics at Christ church. Did you go to the interviews in December, or were you one of the people interviewed from other colleges on the last day?
Reply 44
I got ( for A2) A, B ( 6 marks off an A ) C ( im abit disapointed with the C but who cares!!!) I got into 1st choice uni and off celebrating tonight. Congrats everyone!!!!!!
Reply 45
AS Results

Electronics -A
Computing - B
Maths - B
History - C

Expected Grades

I Expected - CCDU
College Predicted Grades - BBBC

Comments

I really don't know what happened, my worst result came in the subject I thought I was best at and my best result came in the subject I hate most. Not complaing though, if you'd have offered me these results I would have taken them IMMEDIATELY and ran away to Mexico before you could catch me.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 46
For my AS results, I got:

Health & Social Care - A
Psychology - B
Media - B
History - D

Well done to everyone who got their results today!!
Yep I was there in college in december for the interviews. Were you? cos if so we must have seen each other around at some stage.
Have just been to UCAS and can't access tracking until this afternoon so not completely calm yet - I don't think I'll believe it until I actually have a letter/web page telling me I have definately been accepted. not that I'm paranoid or anything!
What were your results?
A - Mathematics
B - Geography
B - Further Mathematics

ABC

What were your grades last year for AS?
ABC b (Physics - dropped).

ABC

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?

Firm: BA - Accountancy/Financial Management & Mathematics - University of Sheffield - BBB.

Insurance: BSc - Financial Mathematics - University of Southampton - BBBb
Reply 49
Unspeakable
Yep I was there in college in december for the interviews. Were you? cos if so we must have seen each other around at some stage.
Have just been to UCAS and can't access tracking until this afternoon so not completely calm yet - I don't think I'll believe it until I actually have a letter/web page telling me I have definately been accepted. not that I'm paranoid or anything!

I've accesed the Ucas site, but it still hasn't changed, ie it still says Firm and Insurance etc. I was wondering if it is an oxford wide problem (it also applies to you) or if I am a special case
elpaw
I've accesed the Ucas site, but it still hasn't changed, ie it still says Firm and Insurance etc. I was wondering if it is an oxford wide problem (it also applies to you) or if I am a special case

Have just managed to get onto tracking site. It's been updated - my insurance now says Unconditional for some reason even though the details still talk about ABC and the Oxford has gone red and says accepted but it must have only done it in the last few minutes.
Reply 51
Unspeakable
Have just managed to get onto tracking site. It's been updated - my insurance now says Unconditional for some reason even though the details still talk about ABC and the Oxford has gone red and says accepted but it must have only done it in the last few minutes.

my ucas page still looks like this (except for the 16-bit colours). What does yours look like?
Reply 52
What were your results?
A - Physics AS
A - Maths AS
A - Chemistry AS
A - Biology AS

C - Physics AS
D - Maths AS
A - Chemistry AS
B - Biology AS

No idea.

Notes
I'm really pleased because I got straight As, and I don't even go to a private school (I go to an FE college)! :wink: *tries to provoke people idly*

Congrats to everyone, and I'm not putting you down if you *do* go to a private school :P Honest!
Reply 53
maths - A
chem - C
Physics - C

really annoyed with the C grades. Bristol wanted ABB so i never got in. I now have to depend on warwick. Though i put them as my insurance, they will deal with me last since they have to give priority to the people that put warwick as firm choice.
elpaw
my ucas page still looks like this (except for the 16-bit colours). What does yours look like?

er, ok, well i get how to do attachments on here but having trouble saving the table in the first place. grrrrrr., bear with me
Reply 55
Got a call from Oxford, even though I am just one grade short (AAB need AAA), they're not going to accept me :frown:
Reply 56
I got;

Maths - A
Further Maths - B
Physics - B

Step ii - 2
Step iii - U

This is about what I expected, and as I expected not enough for Trinity College Cambridge. I am dissapointed I didn't work harder, but instead I will be going to a great Uni, in Bath.
Reply 57
Results

A Level

French A
Maths C
Physics B

AS

Further Maths B

My AS grades: French A, Maths B, Physics A.

The reason I got a C in Maths and a B in Further Maths is cos they screwed up my applied modules (in Maths: M3 33/100, S1 63/100, S2 55/100.. Further Maths: M1: 85/100, M2 83/100). I also did D1, which I got 63 in so it should have been counted instead of M3 IMO.

I was expecting: French A, Maths B, Physics B, AS Further Maths D.
Predicted grades: French A, Maths B, Physics A/B (didn't get one for FM).

Uni: Birmingham for Comp Sci, BBB. They're still accepting me.
Reply 58
What were your results?

A - Chemistry
A - Computing
A - Maths
A - Physics

A - Chemistry
A - Computing
B - Maths
A - Physics

What were your grades last year for AS?

A - Chemistry
A - Computing
A - Maths
A - Physics

A - Chemistry
A - Computing
A - Maths
A - Physics

Computer Science, University of Southampton
Requirements: ABB with at least a B in maths.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Bigcnee
I got;

Maths - A
Further Maths - B
Physics - B

Step ii - 2
Step iii - U

This is about what I expected, and as I expected not enough for Trinity College Cambridge. I am dissapointed I didn't work harder, but instead I will be going to a great Uni, in Bath.

Bigcnee, is it the B in Physics or the U in STEP III. If it was the B thwy may still acceptt you. Well done on great results, bad luck on not going to Cambridge but Bath is excellent aswell

Latest

Trending

Trending