Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What do i do?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I am currently studying a L3 extended diploma in Engineering, I am targeted D*D*D* and confident i will achieve that. Now here is where things get complicated. I have an interest in Energy Engineering so i applied for 5 degrees at different universities through UCAS.

One uni i applied for said they are no longer run the course yet they had it up on their website and in their new prospectus.

At the second uni i applied for 2 different degrees their 1. BEng Energy Engineering 2.BSi renewable energy. They got back to me and said they wanted an A level in maths for the BEng (Yet it did not mention that on their website) but i could get into the BSi Renewable energy with DDM however when i went for the applicant visit day the BSi seemed boring compared to the BEng Energy Engineering. So that's three out of the five wasted

Third uni i applied for invited me to an applicant visit day. when i got there i realised its was sooooooooooooooooooooo crap i applied for Energy Engineering there yet the whole day they were speaking about mechanical so when i asked about energy engineering they said oh well its more mechanical with abit of energy engineering we have a few lecturers with knowledge on energy. Which again was not expressed on their website and another wasted.

So it all came down to this uni, i appiled to do Electrical and Energy Engineering and i needed D*D*D* and to sit a Maths exam when i attended the applicant visit day. The thing is i received that offer 1 week before i had to the exam and the topics that was in the exam i havent not yet covered in my L3 course so i had 1 week to try revise everything which i failed because i didnt pass the test.

Now i have no idea what to do, i don't really want to wait a whole year and apply again but it looks like i have no choice. But then what do i do in that yr do i do the crazy and try fast track arguably the 3 hardest A levels Maths, Physics and Chemistry to give more options when applying for uni next yr? or do i not apply for energy engineering and try get into another uni to do something else? but then again i don't really want to go to a uni without been 110% sure i want to that course because i dont wanna be paying all that money to do something i dont enjoy. Any advise would be appreciated I'm just totally stuck.

I suggest you first find top 5 universities you want to apply for, which have the course you're interested in (also check social/night life reviews). Then see their requirements and based on that, work to get the grades they ask in A levels.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.