The Student Room Group

IGCSE CIE English Reading Passages paper 0522

My exam is in a week and i don't know the grade boundaries for my coursework or my actual exam. If anyone has the grade boundaries for the coursework pieces and exam for the 2015 paper please tell me ASAP
Original post by Maryumfahim
My exam is in a week and i don't know the grade boundaries for my coursework or my actual exam. If anyone has the grade boundaries for the coursework pieces and exam for the 2015 paper please tell me ASAP

Hi! I've moved this into the correct forum for you :h: if you have a look around this forum you might be able to find an answer to your question.

Hi, thought I was one of the few doing the early exam...

The grade boundaries (2015) are as follows:
For the extended reading passages paper, (basically higher tier)
coursework set and marked by your teacher and the orals
A*- 106/125, A- 96, B- 86, C- 76, D-65, E-55

For the same as above but with directed writing and composition tasks set and marked by CIE instead of coursework
A*- 92, A-83, B- 74, C-65, D-57, E-50

Hope that helps!
Reply 3
Original post by The Lovely Panda
Hi, thought I was one of the few doing the early exam...

The grade boundaries (2015) are as follows:
For the extended reading passages paper, (basically higher tier)
coursework set and marked by your teacher and the orals
A*- 106/125, A- 96, B- 86, C- 76, D-65, E-55

For the same as above but with directed writing and composition tasks set and marked by CIE instead of coursework
A*- 92, A-83, B- 74, C-65, D-57, E-50

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much but how is the coursework marked because we did three coursework pieces and each was out of 40, but the coursework mark is 40 overall?
Thanks so much but how is the coursework marked because we did three coursework pieces and each was out of 40, but the coursework mark is 40 overall?

They add all the marks up and take the average.

Also if anyone knows where I can find any past papers that would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending