The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is it possible to lower an Imperial College offer?

Hi there I received an offer for AAAA (I do scottish qualifications) for mechanical engineering at Imperial this year, but I'm not sure that I can get an A in one of the subjects in the offer. Has anyone ever tried to ask for a lower Imperial college offer and will I have my application retracted if I even try to ask?

Thanks so much!
you appear to be confusing offiers with what they accept on results day ...

if you have an offer you have an offer - which you can firm, however there is the risk if you don;t make the offer (and fall below the quality line ) your place may be withdrawn after the results are out.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ZachyS7
Hi there I received an offer for AAAA (I do scottish qualifications) for mechanical engineering at Imperial this year, but I'm not sure that I can get an A in one of the subjects in the offer. Has anyone ever tried to ask for a lower Imperial college offer and will I have my application retracted if I even try to ask?

Thanks so much!

This kind of mentality will get you lower than an A. Human potential is infinite however it is the mentality of thinking that you can't do it that will limit you're potential
Original post by ZachyS7

Thanks so much!

You can certainly ask, but they won't say anything beyond they would look at the individual circumstances.

If you go to a good school but miss your offer, chances are it would be tough luck unless there are mitigating circumstances.

There is a possibility that if you go to a school in say, special measures, and they were made aware of that in the reference - then you may be able to get off lightly.

At the end of the day, it's Imperial. If you miss your offer, there are many more people who didn't.

Quick Reply

Latest