The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Finishing a ou course

I started a open university late last year it's now been a few months into the course and I have decided not to continue, I am finding the course difficult and cannot commit to continuing is there any chance I can switch courses or is it now to late
Reply 1
Student support would best answer but to be honest this late in the year you would lose any student finance used to fund it.

If you want to change degree pathways that's easy and just need to ring up OU
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Caaarlykid
I started a open university late last year it's now been a few months into the course and I have decided not to continue, I am finding the course difficult and cannot commit to continuing is there any chance I can switch courses or is it now to late

Depends on what SST says like Tara mentioned so should get into contact with them ASAP to discuss your options. You should be able to switch but how much of the course fee is lost depends on how far through the module you are and whatever they give you as a 'refund' will go as credit towards the new module.

You could also defer the module (and possibly bank any assignment scores, if you want to and the module allows, so you don't have to do those assignments again) and retake at next opportunity. That might result in less fee being lost. I deferred a module a third of the way through and just had to pay admin fees.

But if you really hate the module then ask SST for switching options. But deferring allowed me a break and restarted without having to do the first TMA again and use the break to go over and refresh the materail and start again feeling better. But it all comes down to how you feel. So ring your SST and go through your options. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending