The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do, university advice

I've always wanted to be an actress, but got steered away from the spotlight because of confidence and parental pressure. I haven't acted for a few years, and know the dream is silly and unrealistic, I haven't acted in so long, I can't even remember if I can.
So, I decided that I want to become a primary teacher instead, more realistic, and I love working with children... But recently I have been feeling the pull back towards acting.
I am due to start Uni in September if I get the grades, to study Education Studies at NTU... It was a back up course I was offered because I don't have the grades for Primary Education with QTS. I have been worried since I firmed it, that I wouldn't enjoy it. I study mostly English subjects now, and jumping from something I've done for so long frightens me, but so does the fact that I still want to do acting. My parents really don't want me to not go university, they want me to become a primary teacher for the stability.
But, I still find myself dreaming of going to drama school, I look up the universities and I feel so heartbroken, but like I said, I haven't acted properly for years.
Doing a drama course through clearing is my second option, but I'm finding myself hoping I have to do that, which isn't great.
I seriously don't know what to do, should I just go do the course, go the safer and realistic route... But what if I don't like it, is there any way I could drop out and start another course the year afterwards. How would that effect my student finance?
I'm so stuck with that to do
You get degree +1 year for finance.
Tbh I would defer a year to try and make my mind up as to what degree I wanted or whether it was drama scool. You parents are probably worried about all the unemployment.

What about a drama and theatre studies course then do pgce after or see what you can get in clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending