The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Architects have had them for over a week.

*brags*

O, I'm into 2nd btw *bows*

They go up on MyEd according to bf.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
great - thanks...
did you get them mailed to you? Or just on MyEd??
My laptop is toast, so using the home pc for general internet.
Will need to figure out how to get back on to MyEd if that's where the results are. Heading off to work in Central America so will be incommunicado (at least via internet) for some time.
arod
great - thanks...
did you get them mailed to you? Or just on MyEd??
My laptop is toast, so using the home pc for general internet.
Will need to figure out how to get back on to MyEd if that's where the results are. Heading off to work in Central America so will be incommunicado (at least via internet) for some time.

When they've been confirmed & sent to the registry they appear on MyEd. The uni concentrates on getting the final year grades out first, then the 3rd, then 2nd and first year are usually last on the list. I think the grades are starting to trickle through, I know a lot of 3rd & 4th years have theirs and I have one of mine - it won't be long, be patient!

And you can get onto MyEd at any computer as long as you have your EASE details - https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
I've just got back from a week away to discover all but one of my results waiting for me on MyEd. It's worth a gander.
I've got my soc anth result, but none of the others. Oddly, that was my last exam. Spanish, which was done a month earlier, hasn't materialised yet. I was hoping they'd come through before the end of the week as I'm off to the USA till september, and I don't know how my internet access will work at camp.

Well done on the results guys, we finished first year!! Cant believe it was a year ago when we were all on here talking about freshers week.
Reply 6
I had one subject that ran all year, and so far this is the only mark that's posted. The other 3 that I took in the last term still aren't posted yet...!
I (along with over 120 other students) was diagnosed with glandular fever and I spent most of Jan and Feb in bed. I had a medical certificate to allow me to get an extension on a couple of essays etc. I wonder if this is why it's taking longer to mark my subjects??? Anyone else not got all of their results yet??
Reply 7
Wow, sure took a long time for all the exams results to get posted.
Hope everyone did OK...!

For those in 2nd yr, (or 3rd) can we register (or is it called matriculate?) on-line, pay our fees and select our courses now?? It took forever last Sept to matriculate, get accommodation and pick my courses and in the end I didn't get my first choice of classes. Maybe because Edinburgh was my insurance offer and it came thru rather late that it took so long?...
At any rate I'm just hoping to avoid that mess. Here in North America all of my friends have already selected their courses for Sept, but I don't see that we can yet with Edinburgh - or am I just looking in the wrong place?
We don't have to matriculate again. We're fully matriculated until the end of our degree. You should be able to pay your fees now and you don't choose your courses until your meeting with your DOS, as last year.
Hmmm I seem to remember last year there was something to send off in the post saying we were going to return. Although it's only a vauge memory and may not be true! Not very helpful, sorry!
Reply 10
michaelnicholson88
We don't have to matriculate again. We're fully matriculated until the end of our degree. You should be able to pay your fees now and you don't choose your courses until your meeting with your DOS, as last year.

Oh?? Rats. I thought for some reason that you only had to meet with your DOS in first year to help freshers select their classes to make sure that you are on the right track. In 2nd yr if you know which degree program you are in and the web site tells you what's required, in science at least your path is pretty much planned out for you. i.e. there isn't alot of choice in the matter. I assumed that in 2nd yr we could just register on line for the classes that we want/need to take. I'm not sure that my DOS can offer any advice at this point so I wonder why would we have to come to the uni to do that? How can they possibly accommodate all of the new first yr students and all of the returning students? If we all have to book an appt won't that take forever?
There is a timetable s/w/ program on line where you can select your classes and see when they are scheduled. It would be way more helpful if you could just register for the classes on line and then you are done - which is what most other universities do. In some places certain subjects and certain Profs are VERY popular so those ones "sell out" quickly. All courses are open for registration as soon as exam results are out. So students register as soon as possible and it's more or less first come, first served.
Classes in Edinburgh don't start until really late ~Sept 18th, so I was sort of planning on extending my vacation and just showing up the day before. If I had to meet with my DOS, and I don't have a timetable yet I'll have to change my plans.
Reply 11
Here's an example of how most universities do their on-line enrollment. You just pick your course, it gives you the date/time/location and the name of the Prof, so you can actually pick the optimal prof and timetable for your subjects. It also tells you how many students are actually enrolled. This is so quick and easy - I don't know why Edinburgh doesn't use it. It's a first come first serve system. So, students who want to schedule their courses/labs so they have every fri off for e.g. can do so.
If students need advice/assistance then they can go to their DOS, but in 2nd and 3rd yr I think most students know what they want/need to study.

Course: MOLECULAR AND CELL BIOLOGY C100A S 101 DIS
Course Title: Biophysical Chemistry: Physical Principles and the ... (catalog description)
Instructor: KURIYAN, J
Status/Last Changed:
Course Control Number: 58171
Units/Credit:
Final Exam Group:
Restrictions:
Note:
Enrollment on 07/02/07: Limit:17 Enrolled:5 Waitlist:0 Avail Seats:12
Click here for current enrollment information and course restrictions
This is just the way things are done at Edinburgh. The 18th Sept is an early start date for the rest of the UK. Many Unis don't start until October and I haven't heard of one that starts before us.

I suppose the meeting with the DoS it just a check to make sure you're not going off the rails and are on the right track. If seeing your DoS during Freshers' Week is a problem, email your him/her, tell them what courses you want to do and they may be able to set them up for you without seeing you. The meeting is really just a matter of confirming you have the required grades to do the courses you want, and your DoS will have all info already.
Just found this on the uni website:

For continuing undergraduate students, what will matriculation involve?
-registration by post- registering attendance at the University (with the Registry) and making arrangements for the payment of tuition fees; and
-meeting with the Director of Studies, agreeing courses, with the Director of Studies then enrolling the students on these courses via WISARD and confirming on WISARD that the student is deemed to be in attendance.
-Directors of Studies will also ensure that continuing students fulfil all academic progression criteria.

This refers to last year though, but I imagine it'll be the same this September.
Reply 14
Thanks.. I was searching everywhere on the web site, but couldn't find any info for returning students.

I'm from North America. So, Uni's here start either at the end of Aug or latest the first week of Sept, so for me Sept 18th seemed like a late start. I was so glad we had abit of an extended summer vacation. I had forgotten that England doesn't start until Oct!

I'll be in Indonesia doing a volunteer research project so I won't be finished until the 2nd week of Sept and I still have to get back home first, get my stuff packed and head then back to the UK. I had not planned on doing any of the freshers stuff this year (it was sort of disappointing last Sept) and had hoped to get all of the registration, fees paid, classes and timetable selected etc. long before returning to Edinburgh. Looks like I'll have to come back early if I have to meet with my DOS. I've tried emailing and haven't received any replies - perhaps they're all on holiday. I'll be incommunicado with no access to internet in a couple of weeks. So somehow I've got to get back early if I want to get this all sorted out in time for the first lectures on the 18th.

Latest

Trending

Trending