The Student Room Group

University of Brighton vs. University of Sussex

I’ve been accepted to both of these schools and I was hoping to learn more about which school has better facilities. I’ve been finding that the university of brighton is really, really vague on their website and offers a lot less information about everything while sussex seems to offer more and just generally gives off the vibe like the university is better organized and has more to offer, but I’m not sure. Which one would you say has better/more events, societies, places to eat, hang out, study? Which libraries are better? Stuff like that.
Sussex is almost objectively considered the better university, Brighton is classified as a ex-poly. Both university campus' are like a 10/20 minute walk from one another, so socially they are essentially the same university and intergrate a lot. As for on campus, Sussex seems to be better developed and have a lot more money put into it.
Original post by champagneblues
I’ve been accepted to both of these schools and I was hoping to learn more about which school has better facilities. I’ve been finding that the university of brighton is really, really vague on their website and offers a lot less information about everything while sussex seems to offer more and just generally gives off the vibe like the university is better organized and has more to offer, but I’m not sure. Which one would you say has better/more events, societies, places to eat, hang out, study? Which libraries are better? Stuff like that.

Heya :h: which course is this for?

You may find this page useful for more uni-specific information.

Also, if you get the chance to, it's definitely worth visiting each uni to get a feel for what it's like yourself. :h:

What course will you be applying for? :h:

Sussex by a mile! It's one of the top 20 universities in the UK, while Brighton is way down in the 100th's or something. Overall the students there will be intelligent and more articulate. I've also heard there are more internationals at Sussex which means more variety of people to meet.
Thanks for your responses! I actually applied for MA programs, so I'm not sure if that changes things a little bit. Art History at Sussex and Design History and Material Culture at Brighton. The program in Brighton, from my understanding, is pretty well regarded, but I'm just worried the lack of prestige of the school and perhaps less resources would make the program a worse choice, even though my heart is more set on it. I'm also from Canada, so going to visit the schools isn't an option, hence my questions :smile:
i heard that Brighton University is more of the creative university but im going to Sussex as i like the location better
Thanks for your responses! I actually applied for MA programs, so I'm not sure if that changes things a little bit. Art History at Sussex and Design History and Material Culture at Brighton. The program in Brighton, from my understanding, is pretty well regarded, but I'm just worried the lack of prestige of the school and perhaps less resources would make the program a worse choice, even though my heart is more set on it. I'm also from Canada, so going to visit the schools isn't an option, hence my questions :smile:

Might be worth asking some people in industry, if you want to go into that field they should have a reasonable idea of which they prefer. If you don't want to go into the relevant field then Sussex would definitely be the better choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending