Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

IB Predicted Scores: Too Late to Improve?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hey Guys!During the first semester of DP1, I did pretty well..My grades were: HL;Bio-5Geo-7English-6SL Math-4 French-7Econ-5 Total: 32/42Now I feel my grades will end up like this end of this semesterL Econ-5Biology-5Geo-6SLMath 4English-5French-7=32/42However, I really want my teachers to improve my predicted grades up to at least 34 points, so that when I want to apply for universities on UCAS, I can finally get into a 'good' university, becuase my top choice is U of Birmingham or Surrey. Also, I DEFINTELY will work my butt off over the summer! I know I'm doing alright, but I want to do much better and show my teachers I want to improve. Also, I will work hard on my EE...Is it still too late to improve before the predicted grades come out in September or not, because I will start working hard NOW!..Is there still hope?

Hi, I'm just about to start my DP2 Exams so I hope i can help.
    In my school they really didn't start giving "official" predicted grades until around October so you still have plenty of time to try and boost them.
    You don't have to send anything away to UCAS until January so realistically you have until December to really work on your grades so I wouldn't stress about that element of it just yet. The key for a good set of predicted grades really is consistency throughout and also your IAs play a significant role in your predicted grades so if you can nail them you'll pretty much be set. If worse comes down to it and you don't get the predicted you want by a point or two if you speak to your teachers they might change it for you to the grade you want if you can convince them you will achieve it. There is no point stressing over your predicted/exam grades yet, just try and excel in what you can control which is your internal grades. Hope I helped a little

Definitely you have enough time to improve your grades.

(Original post by Nikoflo)
    Definitely you have enough time to improve your grades.
    Yes, but how? Scores come out around September/ October.. I guess summer is the only time to work on everything...
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.