The Student Room Group

Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyreke
1. You've made an incorrect assumption based on a single comment.

2. You've made an incorrect assumption based ona single comment.

Correct assumptions based on a single comment.

3. I'm not even white. Well done.

Well, that makes it even worse.
Reply 41
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
That's an opinion not a fact.

So many of the migrants are men of fighting age who have left behind their wives and families. Why aren't they fighting for their country? I believe that's what happened in WW1 and WW2 with Britain.

And I never generalised with all the migrants. I said some migrants.

Sheldon is gay, he wouldn't find purpose for a Mrs Sheldon Cooper.
Original post by SalmaSalma
Firstly, I did not say that it wasn't.
Secondly, nice diversion. Bringing up topics not even being discussed..:clap2:

Holoucaust and WW2 were there at the same time.

Duh
Original post by Ethereal World
Does bear™ 💩 in the woods ?

You made me think the bear was bearing (search him on youtube) lol.
Original post by Youngmetro
I'm sorry, you really proposed that they join and fight? What do they fight? IS or Assad's army? It's a preposterous solution, the west have decided not to do anything and they aren't trained, they're civilians. They don't have the funding to get arms or equipment and the Russians are bombing their houses and their land. With all this, you want them to fight a war on 3 fronts?
The only chance of survival is refugee status. It wasn't an insult, you've offered a very ignorant and frankly stupid solution here. I think what's more hilarious is that you think this is a practical solution.

They came to Europe fleeing a war and civil unrest. I'm sorry this happened to your sister and i'm not defending their actions. It's wrong and sick what some of them are doing. But it has become apparent that your spite for the migrants has come because of your own emotions. It's irrational.

I would rather a diplomatic solution is made as opposed to sending them to a slaughter house to fight an impossible war. That's murder.

I'm not an expert in logistics and military strategies but it's not preposterous. Training them isn't impossible considering they look fit and strong. Refugee status? Oh yes claim refugee status and drain the resources of Europe.

Why don't you tell your views to everyone else who have been affected by the crisis and been sexually assaulted by a "refugee"? Oh wait, you'd call them pathetic and racist. It's not because of my own emotions. I've always been against uncontrolled immigration because there are barely any good effects of it. In a perfect world, I would only let women and children in but sadly it's not perfect.
How can you say there's a right-wing media conspiracy against Muslims when they spent so many years helping to cover up all the child sex gangs across the country on the basis that the perpetrators were Muslims? And how come you get this guff like calling ISIS "Daesh" and the "so called Islamic State"? You can't.
Honestly, I find it hilarious that so many celebrities say we should take in refugees but they won't take any of them in themselves..

Some leftists won't even acknowledge if a woman gets raped by a "refugee" because they'll say its PTSD or something.
I'm not an expert in logistics and military strategies but it's not preposterous. Training them isn't impossible considering they look fit and strong. Refugee status? Oh yes claim refugee status and drain the resources of Europe.

You've completely ignored my post here. You just so stubborn. ''Let's raise an army! We will take innocent civilians and train them to fight against Assad's army! Not to mention the turks and the Russians! Because that is totally diplomatic and logical!'' is practically what you're saying
Why don't you tell your views to everyone else who have been affected by the crisis and been sexually assaulted by a "refugee"? Oh wait, you'd call them pathetic and racist. It's not because of my own emotions. I've always been against uncontrolled immigration because there are barely any good effects of it. In a perfect world, I would only let women and children in but sadly it's not perfect.

You really hate men dont you? It's prejudice girl, cant be doing that.

No i wont call them pathetic and racist, they have every right to be angry and so do you for what happened to your sister. The problem i have is when you bring your emotions to an argument and make it out like all these men are perverts and rapists. Also why you maintain that throwing them into a war is completely acceptable and a possible solution.

And you've assumed a lot of my views here, dont put words in my mouth. Im not as pro-migrant as you think.
Original post by Youngmetro
You've completely ignored my post here. You just so stubborn. ''Let's raise an army! We will take innocent civilians and train them to fight against Assad's army! Not to mention the turks and the Russians! Because that is totally diplomatic and logical!'' is practically what you're saying

You really hate men dont you? It's prejudice girl, cant be doing that.

No i wont call them pathetic and racist, they have every right to be angry and so do you for what happened to your sister. The problem i have is when you bring your emotions to an argument and make it out like all these men are perverts and rapists. Also why you maintain that throwing them into a war is completely acceptable and a possible solution.

And you've assumed a lot of my views here, dont put words in my mouth. Im not as pro-migrant as you think.

Thank you for calling me stubborn I get it from the Indian side of the family :u: Well it's either a drain on resources and the West bending over backwards for migrants who come from a stone age religion OR it's trying to fight the enemy. Take your pick.

I don't hate men at all sweetheart. Although personally, I prefer puppies. I never said all men were perverts or rapists. But it should be worth noting that Syria happens to be one of the worst ranked countries in the world for gender equality.
Reply 49
Man those videos are shocking, especially this one: [video="youtube;ra45nX9JmW4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra45nX9JmW4[/video]
Original post by KingBradly
Man those videos are shocking, especially this one: [video="youtube;ra45nX9JmW4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra45nX9JmW4[/video]

They edit it to make them look bad, its just propaganda
Reply 51
Original post by SwedenYes
They edit it to make them look bad, its just propaganda

They're actually saying "I love gay people, sexually confident women, and Eurovision!".
Thank you for calling me stubborn I get it from the Indian side of the family :u: Well it's either a drain on resources and the West bending over backwards for migrants who come from a stone age religion OR it's trying to fight the enemy. Take your pick.

I don't hate men at all sweetheart. Although personally, I prefer puppies. I never said all men were perverts or rapists. But it should be worth noting that Syria happens to be one of the worst ranked countries in the world for gender equality.

I pick that we do what we can militarily. Although we have left it far too late. This nonchalence and lack of care of international affairs is really why the migrants are coming here. We've been too scared to meddle with affairs since Iraq. We could have stopped ISIS in the early days, back in the 90s or so instead of getting tangled with the gulf war. 9/11 should have been a wake up call too. We're also far too scared to mess with Assad since he's supported by the russians. Many fail to realise how we have failed in trying to contain this. And you do realise many economic migrants and these 'rapists' are being sent back now? The EU have done a lot, im not a pessimist so im grateful for that. So be happy something has been done about it, once they claim refugee status they're in for the long run. Blame international law for that if you must.

But letting civilians fight? That's just sending them to their own deaths. Note many do join the rebels or even become radicalised. Telling them to fight could hold the risk of them joining ISIS. And im sure that would be against international law.

Gender equality is a problem in many islamic dominated countries, this shouldnt come to be a surprise to anyone. I can understand the issue with safety and violence particularly with women but what can we do? Making them live in purpose built camps? Segregate them? Send them back to where they come from? All carry their own possible risks, a social experiment that can go completely wrong.

I think the first thing we do is send back those with false claims, the economic migrants who take advantage of the free movement within the EU.
Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or are they the only ones reporting certain stories that show them in a bad light?

Probably the latter, but that does not make it right. News sites have a certain amount of space, and what they choose to fill the space with will necessarily form a narrative. If the news site is trying to give a good faith representation of the world and the context within which things happen, then their goal is to get this narrative as close to the truth as possible. Sometimes they get things wrong, but it's obvious to most people that filling their space with every criminal act committed by a migrant or group of migrants is not the answer.
They're actually saying "I love gay people, sexually confident women, and Eurovision!".

If they did say that, it would be edited out - you have no evidence they did not say that
Reply 55

I'm surprised he hasn't said you're a moron yet.
Original post by Josb
I'm surprised he hasn't said you're a moron yet.

I'm not childish and immature :wink:
The biggest far right threat in humanity is Islam. There is no bigger killer.
The biggest threat we face is the welfare system.

That's the only reason Muslims can exist in Britain.

We need a war on welfare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending