The Student Room Group

64% of TSR want to remain in the EU... share your vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanL_
What? EU law is passed or rejected by EU Parliament, which British MEPs (who you vote for) make up 10% of. Nobody's been dictating anything.

Actually, the US confirmed after the Brexit vote that we will be lower priority for a trade deal. They're already negotiating a big trade deal with the EU, so we'll have to wait for that to get sorted out at least.

Nobody's taking advantage of our welfare systems though. EU immigrants are 40% less likely to claim welfare than British people, and make a net contribution to our economy of 30%. The only people taking advantage are British natives.

What do you plan to pay them with?

Oh dear, you haven't been keeping up have you? Farage admitted the morning after the EU that a) the figure for how much we give to the EU was a lie and b) it's probably not going to the NHS or the education system.

But none of that matters, because we aren't actually saving any money. The pound is at its lowest in 3-4 decades, businesses are stopping hiring (some even making redundancies), the value of British business are plummeting before we've even left, and financial technology - the UK's only industry of any significance - can't survive outside of the EU.

Nope. You make a mess, you clean it up. If you wanted a plan in place, maybe you should have considered whether there was one before voting.

CaMoron was a single parent and the other parties just visiting aunties. He was in charge of leave or remain provisions for immediately after the vote to prevent this chaos. This is Choas now because he was too busy negotiating his own mortgage ttl ensure the status of EU citizenship for British nationals, who desire such status, during the period of negotiation following the triggering of Lisbon: Article 50.
Original post by Theplace
Yes,remain should have prepared to,protect their country, but they never cared about their country, since eu wealth never tricked down to the masses.

Sorry what? Are you talking about the billions that the EU invested in the poorest parts of the country?

Rules and regulations are fine if you profit somehow

Maybe you can explain how the mysterious elites profited from the rules guaranteeing you a right to regular breaks and paid holidays, a month-long refund period on everything you buy, and placing more burden on businesses to ensure that what they sell you is safe and working than anywhere else in the world. Please enlighten me.
Original post by JordanL_
Sorry what? Are you talking about the billions that the EU invested in the poorest parts of the country?

Maybe you can explain how the mysterious elites profited from the rules guaranteeing you a right to regular breaks and paid holidays, a month-long refund period on everything you buy, and placing more burden on businesses to ensure that what they sell you is safe and working than anywhere else in the world. Please enlighten me.

The problems with EU regulations can be found in the EU common fisheries and agricultural policies to name but a few.
Original post by Queen Cersei
A poll of 1,100 TSRians back in autumn showed that the majority of you want to remain in the EU: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3621353

Does that still ring true?

How are you going to vote? Tick your choice in the poll!

“Ask for 'EU Membership for Individuals', when negotiating leaving EU.” https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/161459
“Ask for 'EU Membership for Individuals', when negotiating leaving EU.” https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/161459

Hit the threshold, gets a committee debate in September, they go 'lol, next'

I even expect it to be rolled in with all the other "waaah, we lost" petitions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Hit the threshold, gets a committee debate in September, they go 'lol, next'

I even expect it to be rolled in with all the other "waaah, we lost" petitions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps I have more or a voice than you.
Perhaps I have more or a voice than you.

Ummm, so you're signing petitions multiple times hoping all signatures get counted and that somehow will change policy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You ******
Reply 568
Original post by CleverSquirrel
To be honest, leaving the EU makes more sense than staying in, we spend soo much for just staying the EU alone, there more benefits for leaving than staying in :yep:

I think staying in makes more sense, better the devil you know. Even if we spend money on the EU, its not for no reason. The EU has ensured our economy stays strong and we can trade with other countries in Europe with less cost to us. Reliable sources such as the International Monetary Fund have predicted that the economy will crash if we leave - and already we've had a decrease in the value of the pound compared to the dollar. It is now at its lowest level in 68 years! That's more worrying than anything I would be worried about before we had the vote - it has only been a couple of months! If we stay it ensures our freedom of movement - it means we can live, work, go on holiday anywhere we want in the EU countries. It means the other countries in the EU will support us if we get into a war and we will have an alliance with them. It's good for the little people low down because more jobs have been generated, and workers are protected. I could say more but I'll leave this here for now.
Original post by Queen Cersei
A poll of 1,100 TSRians back in autumn showed that the majority of you want to remain in the EU: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3621353

Does that still ring true?

How are you going to vote? Tick your choice in the poll!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/161459
Individual EU Membership

You don't need to petition Parliament, for the next couple of years at least you simply move to another EU state.
You don't need to petition Parliament, for the next couple of years at least you simply move to another EU state.

Immigrate.
Immigrate.

We aren't American, the word is emigrate, but yes, that is exactly how you get to keep your EU citizenship, by making sure you don't leave the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We aren't American, the word is emigrate, but yes, that is exactly how you get to keep your EU citizenship, by making sure you don't leave the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends where one moves from or to.
Well Brexit reduced the value of GBP, which is a good thing for me :]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trevish
Well Brexit reduced the value of GBP, which is a good thing for me :]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you can invest that in increasing your value.
Now you can invest that in increasing your value.

Yeah! Like buy many pounds for less MUR, then wait for GBP to increase

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything was fine as it was, no need to have ruined everything, we had no problems until this happened, it all happened so quick too :/ .
well sh*t just realised this post was sorta dead eh
Original post by macromicro
It's scary how close this referendum is going to be due to short-sighted simpletons who wear Union Jack underwear and think we need to close the borders.

It would be a massive step back in the progression we've made and would have to be reversed at some point in the future. The entire world is going to be one large union eventually - we need to all get used to that fact and help achieve it.

I'm going to take a wild guess here.

Do you stand to inherit a house one day ?

Or if not are you hopeful of being able to buy a house yourself because you are intelligent and thus can earn a large salary?

If yes then of course you think that way.

You literally cannot be worse off if mass immigration continues.

But many of the people who voted leave aren't as fortunate as you are.

Calling them simpletons shows that you don't appreciate how lucky you are.

Quick Reply

Latest