The Student Room Group

64% of TSR want to remain in the EU... share your vote

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart
I lost it with your profile picn

Much creativity. I applaud
Original post by ivybridge
To be honest, I just feel like we don't really know what leaving could do until it happens. I think it's best to stay in until everything is figured out more definitely because once you've left it's all too late. I think people are just going on and on and on about immigration and all of this stuff and yes it's an issue but at the end of the day, it probably won't stop anything.

My point being: we just don't know the impact it could have. As such, I'd vote remain just to be safe. However, I'd rather not vote at all.

Please understand that I have no clear position on this issue. I would vote remain out of uncertainty. I accept that there are strong, some very strong, arguments on both sides.

And once we've passed this referendum, how long do you'd think it'd be before we get another? Or do you think we'd get one?

And should we really be afraid of uncertainty due to simply change?

#FoodForThoughts
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
Much creativity. I applaud

:grin:
And once we've passed this referendum, how long do you'd think it'd be before we get another? Or do you think we'd get one?

And should we really be afraid of uncertainty due to simply change?

#FoodForThoughts

I don't know. I think another would be welcome after the experience of the first. Too many people are unsure.

Yes? Because this is the real world and not a game where you can try again. When things decline, they take a while to correct. We don't know what to expect. I'd say the fear is rational.
Original post by macromicro
We need only point to the history of progression, the history of wars and our goals for the future. I have provided reasoning, you have provided nothing more than an ad hominem attack and GCSE regurgitation which you yourself have not followed.

My aim for humanity is to preserve it and progress it. The only option for this is via unity. The demand for a second planet is a very real problem - a problem that cannot be solved by fragmentation. The world is still disorganised and pulling in competing directions - only with continually increasing unity can we realise this common goal.

That's funny, considering that in the last 8o years the number of sovereign states has increased to around 195.

Not decreased, increased.
Reply 65
none of you even know what the **** you are talking about
I'm voting out even though my grandparents are immigrants. It's not just far right people or overly patriotic people voting out.
I am an undecided voter.

I would like to vote leave but I haven't been able to convince myself it's a good idea yet.

I have formed a clear, confident view on pretty much no element of the debate, and the vote is drawing ever nearer. It feels a little bit like an exam that I'm not prepared for.

edit:

It's scary how close this referendum is going to be due to short-sighted simpletons who wear Union Jack underwear and think we need to close the borders.
Although if I do vote leave, it will be at least partly as a **** you to these people.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's funny, considering that in the last 8o years the number of sovereign states has increased to around 195.

Not decreased, increased.

This is one dimensional thinking.

Most sovereign states that have recently been established are either within the EU or are the result of lack of initial unity and war and the states have since suffered problems, e.g. S. Sudan is in a state of chronic civil war, Slovakia and Czech Republic are within the EU, Montenegro is applying for EU membership, etc. Hence the goal for EU federalisation.

The number and expansion of unions and partnerships has increased, not decreased in the last 80 years.

We used to be nomads, tribes, communities, towns, countries, unions of countries. This is progression. The logical step forward is a world union.
Following the way the EU treated Greece I was tempted to vote leave but having seen the leave campaign be one of the shoddiest, most hysterical, hopecasting campaigns i've seen in a long time, i'm voting to stay.

Not that I love the EU or think its perfect but more the fact that the out-campaign haven't been able to give even a remotely detailed answer as to what we'd actually do if we left other than sign all these wonderful deals.

Oh and also the fact that if Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and George Galloway all agree on something, it's probably a terrible idea.
This is one dimensional thinking.

Most sovereign states that have recently been established are either within the EU or are the result of lack of initial unity and war and the states have since suffered problems, e.g. S. Sudan is in a state of chronic civil war, Slovakia and Czech Republic are within the EU, Montenegro is applying for EU membership, etc. Hence the goal for EU federalisation.

The number and expansion of unions and partnerships has increased, not decreased in the last 80 years.

We used to be nomads, tribes, communities, towns, countries, unions of countries. This is progression. The logical step forward is a world union.

I'm not saying the reasons for it, but to say "to see how history has progressed" is kinda funny and ironic.

And who would be in charge in regards to the last part? (In regards to the last part.)
I'm in the remain campaign. Pretty clear.
Original post by Youngmetro
The UK polls also show this. Just not as convincing as this one, which is the case in most referendums.

The polls show them a few points either way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
The polls show them a few points either way

Posted from TSR Mobile

When all the polls are averaged this isnt the case
When all the polls are averaged this isnt the case

Two percent is a very very very long way off what this poll said last I saw it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue
Following the way the EU treated Greece I was tempted to vote leave but having seen the leave campaign be one of the shoddiest, most hysterical, hopecasting campaigns i've seen in a long time, i'm voting to stay.

I don't often find myself saying this, but let's not unfairly cast aspersions on the EU.

Greece got itself into trouble by absurdly poor management and outright fraud to enter the Euro.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Two percent is a very very very long way off what this poll said last I saw it

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done most referendums have very narrow boundaries. And 2% is quite a large number in the grand scheme of things anyway.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I have formed a clear, confident view on pretty much no element of the debate

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Although if I do vote leave, it will be at least partly as a **** you to these people.

Straddling the fence with your two fingers up - how very brave.
Straddling the fence with your two fingers up - how very brave.

Great contributions you're making, friend.
well done most referendums have very narrow boundaries. And 2% is quite a large number in the grand scheme of things anyway.

A great many are not particularly close, within a few percent is rather rare, and isn't much at all when small things can cause large swings, all that is needed is something that pisses people off in the week of the referendum and that 2pc is gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest