The Student Room Group

Inconsistencies between the new revision guide and Previous specification papers

Specifically in computer science though this applies to other subject... When looking through the mark scheme... a number of points are missed out that are otherwise given in the book and vice versa... I just hope my answers are "valid alternatives" but for the most part im trying to get the best of both the mark schemes (old specification) and the new specifications revision guide. Any advice?!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Someboady
Specifically in computer science though this applies to other subject... When looking through the mark scheme... a number of points are missed out that are otherwise given in the book and vice versa... I just hope my answers are "valid alternatives" but for the most part im trying to get the best of both the mark schemes (old specification) and the new specifications revision guide. Any advice?!

If the revision guide is written to the new specification, don't worry about matching up to the old one as that's now out of date (except for this year's old spec a2 exams/as resits). But make sure you know what is on the new specification (you should be able to find this on the exam board website).

You could also look at the old specification online to see whether the differences between the specifications match up to the differences between your answers and the mark scheme, if you want to be thorough/check that it is just spec differences. You won't be tested on the old spec/exam style though, so don't worry about learning it.

Quick Reply

Latest