The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology flashcards *NEW SPEC*

Since I have a biology mock exam on Thursday and next Wednesday (paper 1 and paper 2), I have been furiously making flashcards for the topics I personally struggle with from each unit.

I enjoy sharing resources with TSR though so I thought that I may as well share them with you guys too. Obviously, as I mentioned, they don't cover every topic so don't rely on them but they may have some topics covered that me and you also have in common.

I used the Oxford University Press AQA Biology 2nd Edition textbook (x) to assist in creating them. I have currently only completed Unit 1 and am halfway through Unit 2 flashcards but my aim is by tonight to have finished all of Unit 2 and at least be part of the way through Unit 3 (if not having completed them).

The links are below and the units that are bolded are completed (unless they say otherwise). I will update this post as I complete the flashcards. I hope they're useful, leave me some feedback of how I can improve these and message me if you have any questions about or problems with them!:

UNIT ONE FLASHCARDS - Biological Molecules
UNIT TWO FLASHCARDS - Cells
UNIT THREE FLASHCARDS - Organisms exchange substances with their environment (in progress)
UNIT FOUR FLASHCARDS - Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms

NOTE: Unfortunately I won't be updating/making flashcards for the remaining units. I am now in my second year of university so, therefore, I no longer have access to the book. I hope the first two units are helpful though!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
These flash cards are great!! so helpful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Aamna1
These flash cards are great!! so helpful :smile:

Thank you! I'm glad they're helping somebody! I will try and get the other units done for you some point during the next week (between the two biology mocks I have)! :smile:
Great notes! Hopefully you did well in the mock!! :smile:
These are really helpful! Please update soon :smile:
Ooo FANCYY! Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by abbeyjayne
Thank you! I'm glad they're helping somebody! I will try and get the other units done for you some point during the next week (between the two biology mocks I have)! :smile:

No problem! and thank you! good luck with your mocks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kiwifruit99
These are really helpful! Please update soon :smile:

Original post by FailedMyMocks
Ooo FANCYY! Thank you!

Original post by runningcat
Great notes! Hopefully you did well in the mock!! :smile:

Thank you all of you, I'm really glad you like them! I'm finishing up the Unit 2 flashcards now and hopefully Unit 3 tonight (if not, they'll be done Tuesday most likely)! They'll definitely be done in time for the exams though so you can use them :smile:
Thank you all of you, I'm really glad you like them! I'm finishing up the Unit 2 flashcards now and hopefully Unit 3 tonight (if not, they'll be done Tuesday most likely)! They'll definitely be done in time for the exams though so you can use them :smile:

How are you making your notes, by running through the spec? we haven't been advised about where to get our information from. Although I have been making notes and hoping they are enough.

I'm going to solely rely on your notes and the CGP revision guide.
So no pressure! Haha :P
Original post by runningcat
How are you making your notes, by running through the spec? we haven't been advised about where to get our information from. Although I have been making notes and hoping they are enough.

Since I haven't been getting great grades in biology, I've been referred for extra after school sessions by my teacher. I turned up to the first one they hosted and was given a specification, some highlighters and told to highlight which topics I did and didn't understand on that list (using different colours to represent different confidence levels - purple = really confident, green = confident, amber = could be more confident, red = no knowledge at all).

So therefore, I've been using that specification copy and my biology textbook that we were allowed to borrow from the library (the one linked in the OP) to, therefore, write these flashcards focused on topics that I highlighted amber and red! I hope that makes sense? :tongue:

I'm going to solely rely on your notes and the CGP revision guide.
So no pressure! Haha :P

Wow, I'm honoured that you trust me enough to do that! Thank you :colondollar:

-----------------

And on that note, UPDATE: Module/unit 2 flashcards are now completed! I'll be working on Unit 3/4 tomorrow and Wednesday! Sorry they weren't up earlier, I've been working all weekend! :smile:
Haha. I'm not too bothered about Biology. Dropping it this year, thank god. Going to memorise the flashcards ASAP and hope for the best in the exam!
Haha. I'm not too bothered about Biology. Dropping it this year, thank god. Going to memorise the flashcards ASAP and hope for the best in the exam!

I'm probably dropping it too but I'm failing geography too so it's all gonna be dependent on my grades in the end!
Reply 13
I'm probably dropping it too but I'm failing geography too so it's all gonna be dependent on my grades in the end!

These are great flashcards, tyvm! Just needed something extra to test my knowledge on. Are you going to do this for unit 4 when you have finished with 3? No pressure!:biggrin:
Original post by YsfAli
These are great flashcards, tyvm! Just needed something extra to test my knowledge on. Are you going to do this for unit 4 when you have finished with 3? No pressure!:biggrin:

Yes! I'm working on unit 3 tonight and, hopefully, unit 4 tomorrow but it really depends on how quickly I finish unit 3!
Don't worry, you're not pressurising me at all aha!
Although they're still in progress, the link to the Unit 3 flashcards folder is up :smile:
Reply 16
Although they're still in progress, the link to the Unit 3 flashcards folder is up :smile:

Thank you very much! how did your mocks go? :smile:
Original post by Aamna1
Thank you very much! how did your mocks go? :smile:

Not great but I guess you can only try your best :'(
Since I have a biology mock exam on Thursday and next Wednesday (paper 1 and paper 2), I have been furiously making flashcards for the topics I personally struggle with from each unit.

I enjoy sharing resources with TSR though so I thought that I may as well share them with you guys too. Obviously, as I mentioned, they don't cover every topic so don't rely on them but they may have some topics covered that me and you also have in common.

I used the Oxford University Press AQA Biology 2nd Edition textbook (x) to assist in creating them. I have currently only completed Unit 1 and am halfway through Unit 2 flashcards but my aim is by tonight to have finished all of Unit 2 and at least be part of the way through Unit 3 (if not having completed them).

The links are below and the units that are bolded are completed (unless they say otherwise). I will update this post as I complete the flashcards. I hope they're useful, leave me some feedback of how I can improve these and message me if you have any questions about or problems with them!:

UNIT ONE FLASHCARDS - Biological Molecules
UNIT TWO FLASHCARDS - Cells
UNIT THREE FLASHCARDS - Organisms exchange substances with their environment (in progress)
UNIT FOUR FLASHCARDS - Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms

Hi!

Is it okay if I can link these flashcards to the biology exam thread? Btw flashcards are looking great!
Thank you! :h

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending