The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mine didn't have heading because I done:

Strength -> recommendation for it to achieve the objective
Weakness, related to the previous strength -> recommendation

With analysis and evaluation in each one then a final evaluation.

What recommendations did everyone make?
I said:
- Target EU customers rather than USA - EU tourist numbers were increasing (or something cant remember exactly why I suggested it) and because of the change in exchange rate, pound getting weaker against the euro - so cheaper for EU guests and will be more likely to spend more in the hotel, pound getting stronger against the dollar - US guests may not be able to afford to visit or buy as much drinks etc - so they would get a better return from market expenditure in the EU
- Change the hotel managers bonus instead of basing it on occupancy rates, base it on meeting target occupancy rates which are more in line with the national average, but for it to be successful and not demotive the manager will need control over a marketing budget which has been set with input from the manager. - Will increase efficiency of the hotels - better capacity utilisation - improved profits - ROCE improved
- Improve customer satisfaction levels & repeat customer, follow up customer complaints - correct the problem and offer vouchers for free stays - gives the hotel chance to redeem theirself and improve repuatation. Construct a mailing list with previous customers details, ask customers to fill in a questionnaire to see if there are ways to improve
- Profit and Loss account for each hotel
- I also done something about labour turnover, increasing guests additional spending and improving the Bath hotel but I cant remember what I put:p:.

Did anyone put similar things? I am getting worried about this one now:frown:
kirstinx
Mine didn't have heading because I done:

Strength -> recommendation for it to achieve the objective
Weakness, related to the previous strength -> recommendation

With analysis and evaluation in each one then a final evaluation.

What recommendations did everyone make?
I said:
- Target EU customers rather than USA - EU tourist numbers were increasing (or something cant remember exactly why I suggested it) and because of the change in exchange rate, pound getting weaker against the euro - so cheaper for EU guests and will be more likely to spend more in the hotel, pound getting stronger against the dollar - US guests may not be able to afford to visit or buy as much drinks etc - so they would get a better return from market expenditure in the EU
- Change the hotel managers bonus instead of basing it on occupancy rates, base it on meeting target occupancy rates which are more in line with the national average, but for it to be successful and not demotive the manager will need control over a marketing budget which has been set with input from the manager. - Will increase efficiency of the hotels - better capacity utilisation - improved profits - ROCE improved
- Improve customer satisfaction levels & repeat customer, follow up customer complaints - correct the problem and offer vouchers for free stays - gives the hotel chance to redeem theirself and improve repuatation. Construct a mailing list with previous customers details, ask customers to fill in a questionnaire to see if there are ways to improve
- Profit and Loss account for each hotel
- I also done something about labour turnover, increasing guests additional spending and improving the Bath hotel but I cant remember what I put:p:.

Did anyone put similar things? I am getting worried about this one now:frown:

I mentioned everything you did aside from the fact that I expanded slightly upon the seperation of each hotel by recommending having some sort of executive goverance of each one to ensure they are not just meeting occupancy rates and instead fulfilling corporate objectives.
you should have mentioned the womans experience in europe when talking about the proposed EU expansion
Reply 63
irfan121
How did u structure yours?

I did

Strengths x3
Weaknesses x3
Reccomendations x3

At least i think so...it was 2 or 3 i can't really remember.:s-smilie:

michaelbenson
According to this poster at least.

That's what my teacher told us and he is an examiner...but i dont know for sure:s-smilie: ...if you don't do the headings it's not really in a full report format so i guess you won't get the full 5 marks...but maybe some.

To be honest don't listen to me i'm just going by my teacher. Everyone should just trust what their teacher told them...as i'm sure some of them are examiners also so they will know what they are talking about.

VariableResistor
you should have mentioned the womans experience in europe when talking about the proposed EU expansion

I mentioned that but i wasn't really sure it was relevant seeing as she worked in a bank..or something.:s-smilie:
Reply 64
did anyone notice in the managers salaries there was 22k plus 18k bonuses depending on the average rate of occupancy, i wrote that they were probably sacrificing things like service and a price structure just to get their bonuses for self-interest. I also wrote it would be wiser for Hannah to change the bonuses plan in terms of how many stars the hotel achieves and its service level, so that the managers would try and make the hotel worth coming to instead of just cramming loads of people in to get the bonus at any sacrifice to the whole establishment.
Lolly-88
I did

Strengths x3
Weaknesses x3
Reccomendations x3

At least i think so...it was 2 or 3 i can't really remember.:s-smilie:

That's what my teacher told us and he is an examiner...but i dont know for sure:s-smilie: ...if you don't do the headings it's not really in a full report format so i guess you won't get the full 5 marks...but maybe some.

To be honest don't listen to me i'm just going by my teacher. Everyone should just trust what their teacher told them...as i'm sure some of them are examiners also so they will know what they are talking about.

I mentioned that but i wasn't really sure it was relevant seeing as she worked in a bank..or something.:s-smilie:

im pretty sure she was a marketing director in europe...
VariableResistor
im pretty sure she was a marketing director in europe...

She was a Managing Director at a multinational bank.
Reply 67
Hey guys, av just finished doing the unit 5 business coursework, and i have produced 5000 words which is more than maximum word limit (3000). will they mark me down for this?, my teacher has given me an A. :confused:
Dan345
Hey guys, av just finished doing the unit 5 business coursework, and i have produced 5000 words which is more than maximum word limit (3000). will they mark me down for this?, my teacher has given me an A. :confused:

Yes it means your cheating, as you have gone 2000 words over, this surely gives you an advantage over other people to get a higher grade as you can elaborate on your points more due to more words. Therefore you will get downgraded. Shorten it down or loose marks

Latest

Trending

Trending