The Student Room Group

Transfer uni to a better degree without the first year entry requirements?

So I did an Access to science course and I did terrible, I did far below what is needed to get into most uni's; I hadn't been in a school environment for so long that the whole course overwhelmed me and I didn't do great. I managed to get into a uni on a degree I don't particularly like, and now wish to transfer. The thing is this, I don't have the initial grades for first year entry on the course I want to do, but I have achieved above 70% average for this year - I am hoping this will exemplify my abilities as a student. The course I wish to transfer to is very similar to the one I am doing at the moment, I am just worried no uni's will let me transfer due to this reason
Original post by OliverHartless
So I did an Access to science course and I did terrible, I did far below what is needed to get into most uni's; I hadn't been in a school environment for so long that the whole course overwhelmed me and I didn't do great. I managed to get into a uni on a degree I don't particularly like, and now wish to transfer. The thing is this, I don't have the initial grades for first year entry on the course I want to do, but I have achieved above 70% average for this year - I am hoping this will exemplify my abilities as a student. The course I wish to transfer to is very similar to the one I am doing at the moment, I am just worried no uni's will let me transfer due to this reason

Only the universities themselves can tell you this. You are going to have to call each one and ask. As a general rule, you have to meet the same entrance requirements as all other applicants, but you need to discuss this with them. Every case is different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending