The Student Room Group

Labour MP forced to resign over call for all Jews in Mid East to be deported

Scroll to see replies

'whole world will be happy'
Original post by KingBradly
Advocating that all Jews should be forcibly moved out of Israel because they don't belong there.

and how is it racist?
Original post by TheArtofProtest

So I'm a liberal by day, "racist crackpot" by night? You seem extremely confused as to what I am.

No, he's spot on. I don't think anyone had seen you openly and brazenly support a call for the forcible deportation and relocation of millions of people before this thread. That's megalomaniacal type views. It's really impossible for you to row back from this, mate.
I did not say that.

But you agree with relocating Israel?
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
As I said, I'm fascinated that you don't care about publicly calling for mass deportatations and relocations of Jewish people. Nailing your colours to the mast, aren't you?

Anyway, I don't debate with anti-semitic fascists; my own form of no-platforming, so we'll have to leave it there :smile:

Tone down the hyperbole and rhetoric and address the points.
Original post by bigmansouf
and how is it racist?

Saying that people should be deported based on their creed is effectively the same as racism.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Notwithstanding the various ludicrous assertions throughout this comment, I'm particularly drawn to the emboldened bit. Are you saying that Zionist Jews supported the Holocaust, because they felt the death of 6 million of their own was a small price to pay for a foothold in the middle east? I mean, that is quite some claim. I don't even know where to begin.

I'm saying that the Holocaust served their interests and the current policy of Netanyahu, in pleading with French (and other European Jews) to make Aliyah to Israel, by playing on the fears of antisemitism, is also playing into the same narrative.

For Israel to exist in the Middle East, it needs a constant influx of Jews to maintain it's presence and it is no secret that there were agreements between Zionists and the Reich.
Original post by Rakas21
This is what happens when you have an electorate in Bradford that is barely British. Two extremists elected.

Extremist is a bit harsh. In a series of social media posts, Shah said Israel should “relocate to the US” in a Twitter post in 2014.

I've seen it before, more as a joke post obviously than an actual plan and has some validity to it:

Coincidentally, what would your reaction be to an MHoC Bill recognising the State of Palestine?

Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Notwithstanding the various ludicrous assertions throughout this comment, I'm particularly drawn to the emboldened bit. Are you saying that Zionist Jews supported the Holocaust, because they felt the death of 6 million of their own was a small price to pay for a foothold in the middle east? I mean, that is quite some claim. I don't even know where to begin.

While that's an over the top statement, it's no lie that the Holocaust did contribute massively to the zionist cause.
I'm not saying they actively colluded or supported the Holocaust but it did help Zionists.
Saying that people should be deported based on their creed is effectively the same as racism.

ok i only wanted to know your reasoning
debates on here is not good
I did not say that.

That's exactly what you supported.

She proposed Israel to be "relocated"; how do you relocate a country without relocating its people? Its land can't be relocated, it's clearly a reference to forced deportations.

And of course we now have your comment implying that somehow the Zionists colluded with Hitler. This is completely barmy
Original post by Catholic_
Shes a hypocrite. Pakistanis who live in the West claiming jews don't belong in their lands....the irony.

She meant the people of Israel in Palestine, not all Arab countries. OP deliberately overgeneralised it.
But you agree with relocating Israel?

How can you relocate a country? It ceases to become a geographical entity the moment you do so?
Tone down the hyperbole and rhetoric and address the points.

Quick question, do you think the Jews in Israel should be deported based on their religious views, or for being ethnic Jews (aka Jewish by lineage)?
Original post by DMcGovern
Extremist is a bit harsh. In a series of social media posts, Shah said Israel should “relocate to the US” in a Twitter post in 2014.

I've seen it before, more as a joke post obviously than an actual plan and has some validity to it:

Coincidentally, what would your reaction be to an MHoC Bill recognising the State of Palestine?

While that's an over the top statement, it's no lie that the Holocaust did contribute massively to the zionist cause.
I'm not saying they actively colluded or supported the Holocaust but it did help Zionists.

Wait! Is that thing what she actually posted? I thought she was going all Dianne Abbot.

I would strongly oppose it. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the conflict, i see no self interest to be served in weakening a wealthy democracy at the expense of another failed Muslim state ruled by Hamas.
How can you relocate a country? It ceases to become a geographical entity the moment you do so?

You know what I mean, I'm literally just saying what the post you claimed to support says. It's a sign you're a bit lost when you're resorting to such pedantry.
She meant the people of Israel in Palestine, not all Arab countries

What do you mean "all Arab countries"? There are no Jews left in the Arab countries! Where on earth have you been the last 60 years? They've all been forced out of their homes in countries like Iraq, Syria, Egypt etc.

Removing all the Jews of Israel from the Israel/Palestine area would be removing all the Jews from the Middle East

Also, are you seriously justifying a plan to forcibly deport millions of people from Israel, many of them who are from the Middle East themselves, to North America?
You know what I mean, I'm literally just saying what the post you claimed to support says. It's a sign you're a bit lost when you're resorting to such pedantry.

He asks "how do you relocate a country". By relocating its people; forced deportations.

That's what Naz Shah proposed. So what is TheArtofHimmler babbling about?
Were the Zionists in collusion, or at the very least tacitly approve of Hitler's actions because it would strengthen their hand and their claim to the land of Palestine? Of course.

Your arguments lose all credibility when post this claptrap.
That's exactly what you supported.

She proposed Israel to be "relocated"; how do you relocate a country without relocating its people? Its land can't be relocated, it's clearly a reference to forced deportations.

And of course we now have your comment implying that somehow the Zionists colluded with Hitler. This is completely barmy

No, he's spot on. I don't think anyone had seen you openly and brazenly support a call for the forcible deportation and relocation of millions of people before this thread. That's megalomaniacal type views. It's really impossible for you to row back from this, mate.

I thought you were "no-platforming" me?

And you seem to think I care about what people think me. Here's a hint: I could not care less.

Perhaps you might make a better fist of it if you actually toned down the rhetoric and hyperbole and actually addressed the points. Of course you can't now, because you said that you were "no-platforming" me.

Try and row that one back and then we'll talk.

Yup. I think the second of OP's posts is a fair point to make, it certainly is a racist comment. However, the main social media post which people have decided to take issue with looks pretty satirical to be honest. As a comparison, Ben Carson's seriously-made suggestion last year that a Palestinian state should be created in Egypt rather than the West Bank and Gaza just got him laughed at rather than accused of being a racist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending