The Student Room Group

How to cut a sandwich.

Do you find that cutting a sandwich into two or four or triangles makes it taste better depending on the filling? :biggrin:

Like I find peanut butter sandwiches taste better cut into 4 squares, jam sandwiches taste better cut in half and beef sandwiches taste better cut into two triangles. So the filling should decide how you cut your sandwich? :wink:
Reply 1
Original post by Alfed
Do you find that cutting a sandwich into two or four or triangles makes it taste better depending on the filling? :biggrin:

Like I find peanut butter sandwiches taste better cut into 4 squares, jam sandwiches taste better cut in half and beef sandwiches taste better cut into two triangles. So the filling should decide how you cut your sandwich? :wink:

I never cut sandwiches.
I personally won't touch a ham sandwich unless it's cut into a rhombus.
My mother used to make the most awful tuna sandwiches.

I used to feed it to the pigeons but they wouldn't touch it unless it was in pentagons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by M14B
I never cut sandwiches.

Oh man you are really missing out on something special, try it next time you have one and experiment with different cuts for different filling, I promise your sandwich experience will be much more enjoyable. :u:
Reply 5
Original post by Alfed
Oh man you are really missing out on something special, try it next time you have one and experiment with different cuts for different filling, I promise your sandwich experience will be much more enjoyable. :u:

When I cut it I lose half the filling
Reply 6
Original post by TheArtofProtest
My mother makes the sandwiches.

I just eat them.

I make my sandwiches when my mother is in bed.
Reply 7
Original post by M14B
When I cut it I lose half the filling

Don't be daft.:tongue:
I like my cheese and tomato sandwich to be cut into a right-angle trapezoid.
Original post by Alfed

RICHARD! :unimpressed:

I will NOT have you telling people in public that you enjoy such lower middle class sandwiches!
Reply 10
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I personally won't touch a ham sandwich unless it's cut into a rhombus.

Okay. Here's a smart arse with mathematical terms. :tongue:
Reply 11
My dad used to make jigsaw sandwiches.

This is actually true. We used to have to solve them before we could eat them.
they all gonna taste the same, no matter how many squares or in triangles you cut your sandwich in -you gonna have the same taste if its the same filling :colondollar:
Reply 13
Original post by Hyacinth Bucket
RICHARD! :unimpressed:

I will NOT have you telling people in public that you enjoy such lower middle class sandwiches!

Hyacinth did you get my message? I sent it three week ago. :colonhash:

When I say jam, I mean strawberry preserve bought from a garden center. So that is upper middle class. I also bought some lovely flowers for you and the garden Hyacinth. Does this please you? :smile:
Sandwiches always taste better when they're cut into triangles. :yep: I like that you can easily eat the corners without getting filling on your face.
Lol at this thread
Original post by Alfed
Hyacinth did you get my message? I sent it three week ago. :colonhash:

When I say jam, I mean strawberry preserve bought from a garden center. So that is upper middle class. I also bought some lovely flowers for you and the garden Hyacinth. Does this please you? :smile:

I did but I am afraid that I do NOT reply to such intrusive questions such as the ones you asked :colonhash:
We may be husband and wife, but I feel such intimacy to be highly unnatural at our age.

Ohhhhhhh how lovely!
Yes indeed, one feels a sense of duty to be pleased when one's husband does something so pleasing!

Quick Reply

Latest