Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depressed and extremely unhappy

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

okayso, when I first started in.september or for the whole term really, I loved uni, it was great then immediately after christmas I was still enjoying it but not too the same extent. After a month or just under, so the end of january was when unhappiness kicked in, but it wasnt really until after easter that the depression properly kicked in.
    I dread every day and get no enjoyment out of life, I constantly feel on the verge of tears I'm feel have nothing to be happy about. I feel so lonely and feel I have no one to talk to and no friends just people I say hi to you now and then. I hate going back to my room because it reminds me of how lonely I am.

I know it's not my course as I actually look forward to lectures partly because it gives me something to do. It's like I always need to see busy and I'm constantly irritable and can't relax.
    It sounds cliche but it feels like there's a black cloud over my head and I can't see the light.

I have genuinely thought about ending it but have never come close actually doing it.

I have literally just started Counselling once a week and hopefully that will help but at the moment nothing makes me happy and I don't know where this has come from.

My self esteem has hit rock bottom I hate apperance, I have never been happy with myself but never have hated myself to this extent.

I have always gone to the gym a lot and still will do however now I don't enjoy it all and it just a chore, I have to do it so I don't get fat.
    The worry my weight didn't start uni, however it has gotten worse and my motivation for the gym has gone but I still going.

I honestly don't know where this is come from and was wondering if anyone felt as depressed as I do.

Thanks for reading

I know exactly how you feel, minus the university as I work full time, which I hate and dread going everyday. It's got to the point now where, if I think they won't notice I've not turned up then I wont go in. I cry every single day, I have a problem with drink and go days and days without eating. I hate leaving my house for any reason to the extent that I don't even go to the shops anymore. I feel dread every waking moment and I sleep badly because I dream about everything that is making me miserable.
    My doctor recommended counselling last week but I haven't been yet - I literally have no energy to do anything because alls I do is wallow in how miserable I am.

I know it doesn't change your situation but feel free to get in touch - as I said I know how it feels to be so desperately lonely and unhappy so I'm hear if you want to talk
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 1, 1970
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.