Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Need some advice

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So basically, at the start of the year I was given a maintenance loan and grant allowance. However, due to me receiving some help in paying for my rent off the council due to being a care leaver, I haven't spent any of the loan or grant (I have always been like this and feel bad for spending money so I save every last penny I can). Therefore, any money I have spent of my student loan I always put back in as soon as possible, leaving me with 8 grand in the bank in my first year. I was wondering instead of applying for student finance next year is it wise to live off of my savings I acquired this year, which equals less debt? I feel as though it's unfair to borrow more money than I need, I'm doing a social work degree at the moment. Shall I not apply for any help off student finance next year at all, or maybe a small grand loan incase I ever get stuck or something happens? I have posted on another thread about this and got nothing but stick off people, I don't go out spending all my money like students are known for, I'm a really big saver so no negative comments please!!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 27, 2016
What do wear to bed?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.